The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Pensez vous que la consommation de l'alcool en France est liée avec la taux augmentant de la délinquance?
Reply 2
Quels sont les risques d'une consommation excessive de l'alcool?
Pourquoi buvez-vous l'alcool?
Pensez-vous que la situation est pire en Angleterre qu'en France?

(Btw, I'm sure you probably know this, but alcool is pronounced al-col, not al-cool. It really pisses my teachers off when people get it wrong and you don't want to aggravate the examiner!)
Reply 3
nosnibor

Pensez-vous que la situation est pire en Angleterre qu'en France?

I'd be very careful with this one.

I'm not sure what the other exam boards are like, but I'm with Edexcel, and we were told that the AS oral had to be firmly rooted in French culture. My teachers told me that this meant that we were to talk only about French culture (or the culture of a Francophone country) in the exam. We were even told not to compare French culture to English culture, in case the examiners decided that it was not truly rooted in French culture.
Reply 4
Taemon
I'd be very careful with this one.

I'm not sure what the other exam boards are like, but I'm with Edexcel, and we were told that the AS oral had to be firmly rooted in French culture. My teachers told me that this meant that we were to talk only about French culture (or the culture of a Francophone country) in the exam. We were even told not to compare French culture to English culture, in case the examiners decided that it was not truly rooted in French culture.

True, however as long as your answer is namely focussed upon France, then I shouldn't see why a comparison question between the two cultures would be a problem. For example, in the question which you quoted, I'd say it was safe enough to say possible things which are planned in England to reduce the alcohol consumption in youths, and whether that may be adopted in France and what the possible consequences could be in the youth of today:smile: That's my two cents:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending