The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not fluffy?! Sorry I have a lecture 12-1 and PBL 2-4 that day. :p:

I'd say my interview wasn't PS based, they just asked me general questions about my work experience, why I'd be a good doctor, what I'd contribute to the uni etc. I think you have to watch a video at the start, then you're just asked your thoughts on it, it's really easy and relaxed. Dress smart obviously, and good luck.
Reply 2
Yeah, I agree with the above, I had an interview last friday with Barts, Its very friendly and relaxed. The questions are quite simple, they may ask you about ur PS, nothing to hard. The DVD they show you is nothing to worry about it, they just ask you what you thought about it. They are very nice and encourage you and keep you relaxed.
Reply 3
I'll be doing either rheumo or ortho at The London (or possibly Barts) so conceivably, I could be around...

Where is your interview? Old Medical College?
Reply 4
I just got of the phone with my friend who had an interview at Barts today at 2.30. He said it went well as well. They really help you to do your best there, they are just looking for your entusiasm to study medicine and to study it at Barts.
Reply 5
I'm off in a far away place then sorry (Beyond the M25). Renal can look after you, but don't believe anything he says about me.
Reply 6
So, it's definitely not true then?*

*:wink:
Reply 7
Saffie
Not fluffy?! Sorry I have a lecture 12-1 and PBL 2-4 that day.

sorry fluffy, i kind of forgot you went to barts. i want to meet you too! :smile:

oh, im gutted saffie and AEH!!

Renal
I'll be doing either rheumo or ortho at The London (or possibly Barts) so conceivably, I could be around...

Where is your interview? Old Medical College?

it's in the old library in The Royal London. im trying to imagine an interview in a library but its not working!

thanks for all the encouragement. dare i say im excited! however, i have a feeling that im going to make a fool out of myself. a very bad feeling!
i have to say.. my interview at b&l was the nicest interview experience iv had...the people were so nice and friendly...and i actually enjoyed the interview...so dnt get 2 strssed bout it
Reply 9
guys, do you think its a good idea to take my mother with me? i know im old enough to catch the train and travel on my own (done so before) but she would be able to give me a second opinion when choosing firm/insurance (if i get in) as she came with me to St George's and Cardiff too.
Reply 10
malaz_197
guys, do you think its a good idea to take my mother with me? i know im old enough to catch the train and travel on my own (done so before) but she would be able to give me a second opinion when choosing firm/insurance (if i get in) as she came with me to St George's and Cardiff too.

well, there shouldn't be any harm with it. On my interview at Barts, I was the only person in the waiting room without my parents :s-smilie:.
Reply 11
For the love of all that is holy, don't take your mother with you.

Please.
Why not?? :s: :s
Reply 13
Because I think the OP would be using her as a safety blanket.

Get some ****ing independence.
Reply 14
The Mute

lol everyone can use support, its not about being dependent on someone. There are times that you need friends and family with you. Anyway, the OP said she wanted her mother there for a 2nd opinion on the Uni, thats hadly using her as a safty blanket huh?
Not wanting to meet me then? :wink:

Don't take your mum. It's your day to be independant and experience what it would be like yourself. Your mum might influence you in a way that goes against what you feel about your firm/insurance etc, this is a choice that's best left to you.
:biggrin: YAY take me instead malaz:biggrin: ... il be the best safety blanket :biggrin:
Reply 17
The Mute

excuse you????? who are you to swear????

if only you read my post before attacking me!

i went to London from Wales on my own and i probably know my way better than my mum does. she is like my best friend and i'd love to take her opinion about where im going to spend the next 5/6 years of my life.

i'd love to, euphoria! just make sure you dont take me to Oxford Street!!!!
Reply 18
malaz_197

i went to London from Wales on my own and i probably know my way better than my mum does. she is like my best friend

...Your best friend is your mother?
Reply 19
The Mute
...Your best friend is your mother?
Tis fine.

*shrug*

Latest

Trending

Trending