The Student Room Group

NCIS Society

Hey everyone :biggrin:

Welcome to the society for the television saviour that is NCIS - I know there are a lot of people out there that love this show but related threads are scattered throughout TSR...

So here is a place to discuss anything and everything about this fantastic show, whether it's favourite quotes, goofs, magic DiNozzo moments or the latest gossip - it's all welcome here and so are you!

JOIN HERE!

Scroll to see replies

Ncis Or Csi?
Reply 2
Sorry, I can't resist...

In the first episode, Yankee White, the same question arose...

Dennis: "NCIS anything like CSI?"
Tony: "Only if you’re dyslexic."
Reply 3
Probably one of my favourite quotes as it involves the whole CBS link, etc, etc.

Soooooooo, anyone been keeping tabs on the internet regarding season 5? Apparantly there's going to be a big ending...

Spoiler

Reply 4
I love NCIS, its my favourite programme on tv :biggrin: I can never pick who I like better between Tony and Gibbs. Its probably about 0.5% more Gibbs :redface: I haven't been following anything on the internet as I've been watching it on channel 5 and don't want to spoil it for myself. If you want to post any spoilers make sure you use spoiler tags. My favourite quotes tend to involve Tony and Gibbs or when Ziva makes mistakes with English phrases. One that springs to mind is the following:

Ziva: Will you tell me who she is if I find the pirates version of the micro chip?
Tony: The pirated version. A pirate is a person, like Capt. Jack Sparrow.
Ziva: Who is Jack Sparrow?
Tony: Johnny Depp!?!?
Ziva: He is a pirate?
Tony: No, he's an actor!!!! How did we get here?
Ziva: I drove :rofl:

or Ziva: This is like looking for a needle in a needlestack
Reply 5
Everyone in it is truly fantastic! :biggrin:

I've worked my way through the DVD boxsets in the last couple of days (decreases studying boredom although it decreases studying effectiveness too :rolleyes:) Anyways, I'm rewatching season 3 for the gazillionth time and I can't believe I didn't like Ziva at first! :eek:

I kinda miss Gerald though, he was cool :frown:

I've just realised how close I came to actually becoming an Abby clone :biggrin:

Ah, Gibbs and DiNozzo, they're both fantastic but they need each other really :biggrin: couldn't imagine one without the other! :cool:
Reply 6
Yuna47
Everyone in it is truly fantastic! :biggrin:

I've worked my way through the DVD boxsets in the last couple of days (decreases studying boredom although it decreases studying effectiveness too :rolleyes:) Anyways, I'm rewatching season 3 for the gazillionth time and I can't believe I didn't like Ziva at first! :eek:

I kinda miss Gerald though, he was cool :frown:

I've just realised how close I came to actually becoming an Abby clone :biggrin:

Ah, Gibbs and DiNozzo, they're both fantastic but they need each other really :biggrin: couldn't imagine one without the other! :cool:

I need to get the DVD boxsets. The thing is I'm scared that if I got them nobody would see me anymore as I'd spend every waking hour watching them :biggrin:

I know what you mean about Ziva but she is quality. I'll tell you who I really dislike: Jeanne. Its probably just jealousy and though Tony is happy I much preferred him when he was a womaniser.

Hmm, I think Palmer's made more of an impact than Gerald as it seems as if he has a more developed character. I miss Kate as I think her and Tony sparked off each other really, really well. I would have loved to have seen one episode where they both got really drunk and kissed or something and then their reactions the next day, that would have been brilliant.
Reply 7
What I can't work out about Tony's lady (I fully agree by the way :biggrin:) is whether her character is meant to be so annoying or she's just not so great an actress... :rolleyes:

Tony's not the same now, he was much cooler and more fun when he messed around, he's too subdued - something needs to change! :p:

Don't worry about people not seeing you for ages at a time, you can easily watch a season in a weekend... But then again, is it possible to stop after only watching one? :s-smilie:

Roll on season 4 on DVD! :biggrin:

Kate was cool too, but I think the way they dealt with the whole end of season two, beginning of season three transition was really well done! Worked out rather nicely methinks - but yeah, there are times when I miss her too, makes ya wonder what could have been!

One cheesy idea would be to have a present case related to something in the past, perhaps a case that Kate and Tony worked. Little flashbacks and stuff - who knows, maybe something did happen! :biggrin:
Yuna47
What I can't work out about Tony's lady (I fully agree by the way :biggrin:) is whether her character is meant to be so annoying or she's just not so great an actress... :rolleyes:

Tony's not the same now, he was much cooler and more fun when he messed around, he's too subdued - something needs to change! :p:

Don't worry about people not seeing you for ages at a time, you can easily watch a season in a weekend... But then again, is it possible to stop after only watching one? :s-smilie:

Roll on season 4 on DVD! :biggrin:

Kate was cool too, but I think the way they dealt with the whole end of season two, beginning of season three transition was really well done! Worked out rather nicely methinks - but yeah, there are times when I miss her too, makes ya wonder what could have been!

One cheesy idea would be to have a present case related to something in the past, perhaps a case that Kate and Tony worked. Little flashbacks and stuff - who knows, maybe something did happen! :biggrin:

This show is the greatest thing to hit the TV. I've got all 3 seasons on boxset and will be buying season 4 when it comes out in May. Season 5 btw comes out on FX in the next couple of months which means it will probably be on Five at the start of next year.

I think Tony's fine. The thing is that his immature attitude worked really well with Kate there because they were like brother and sister. Then Kate was shot in front of Gibbs and Tony. Gibbs reacted as any Marine probably would. He's lost men in combat and knows what it's like. Tony probably hadn't seen anyone he cared for killed right in front of him so that probably changed him. Then of course came Ziva, Mossad intelligence officer who by brought a whole new dynamic to the series. I think the main reason for people not liking at first was because she replaced Kate and everyone enjoyed the Kate-Tony sibling rivalry. When Ziva arrived I think it forced Tony to grow up a bit because of Ziva being such a serious person, then he was given command of the team when Gibbs left which forced him into a responsibility role. So bascially as the seasons have gone by the team has evolved.

I can't pick a favourite because they're all brilliant.

If you could be one of the character's who would it be?
just thought about Jeanne's character. I think she's quite annoying because she's a doctor.
Reply 10
lol! I don't think Tony changed much at all in season 3 which was cool, it's season 4 where he's all in love where he's changed - he's not really his immature, funny self. But he still rocks :cool:

I would introduce myself as a new character - Ducky's forensic odontologist Scottish side-kick :biggrin:

But if I had to choose a current character, then... I'd have to say Ziva, I love how cold and calculating she is, although that seems to be changing too!
Reply 11
If I could be any character I'd be Abby. She gets kisses and CafPow of Gibbs and banters with Tony :p: I agree with Yuna, I reckon Tony only changed noticeably when things got serious with Jeanne. I mean he actually asked the Director for advice?! The old Tony would never have done that. Though Pete makes a good point in that he has matured slightly over the series, I wouldn't say he lost that much of his funny side but he definitely has become more responsible.
I do like the DiNozzo/Ziva relationship, but McGee and Abby complement each other very well.
Palmer is brilliant, especially when he starts fooling around with Agent Lee. He does get a bit of a rough deal from the team though, which is a bit unfair on him.

NCIS has the best all round cast of any crime show.
Student2806
NCIS has the best all round cast of any crime show.

By far. Possibly the best crime show around although Bones is up there as well.
Pete_@_the_atrium
By far. Possibly the best crime show around although Bones is up there as well.

Never got into Bones, but CSI: New York and NCIS tie it for me.
McGee and Abby =] they're amaaaaazing! to be honest, i dont think i have a favourite out of the 'main' characters!

I love NCIS =] its amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!
I also watch CSI:NY but it's getting quite far fetched in terms of the murders. Then again it is set in New York....
Reply 17
Pretty much everyone in this show is amazing :biggrin:

This may be a little off topic but if you could amalgamate all these super-cool crimefighting programmes (not that we'd really want to, more = goooooood!) and just have one team - make it TWO if ya want (day shift, night shift) - who would be your ideal combination of characters? Mine changes on a weekly basis :rolleyes:

---------------------

Leroy Jethro Gibbs (obviously :p:)
Tony DiNozzo (couldn't separate the two)
Dr Mallard :smile:
Danny Messer
Calleigh Duquesne
David Hodges (He's amazing :biggrin: sorry Abby :redface:)
Mac Taylor (he'd be my kick-ass cop :smile:)
Compared withthe CSI teams, NCIS may not be quite as good at solving the crimes but they definitely have the best chemistry as a team (like the pairings in Law and Order) and are the most fun to watch.
sarcastic pratchett fan
Compared withthe CSI teams, NCIS may not be quite as good at solving the crimes but they definitely have the best chemistry as a team (like the pairings in Law and Order) and are the most fun to watch.

Yes but NCIS and CSI are completely different things.
NCIS is much more heavily affected by politics - there are a lot of power struggles between NCIS and the FBI because a good deal of the incidents investigated have links to sensitive areas like terrorism.
CSI is not - well apart from Miami, but Horatio is more a vigilante than a CSI.

You are right, the NCIS team does have by far the best chemistry.
I always think Law & Order tends to stay away from the personal lives of its characters, so chemistry is very limited there.

Quick Reply

Latest