The Student Room Group

NCIS Society

Scroll to see replies

NCIS never fails to make me smile. Something about the way that they're able to mix a little bit of everything - humor, emotions, longing, relationships, into the script makes them special and sets them apart from CSI/NCIS:LA

P.s. McGee is <3 :blush:
How's everyone finding the new season(s)? Enjoying NCIS proper - feel that LA has had a slow start to the season.

Just read through everyone discussing the departure of Cote de Pablo, which is a shame. Nobody seems to have mentioned that the NCIS: Red spinoff was shelved...

But how about NCIS: New Orleans? http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/ncis-spinoff-cbs-mark-harmon-new-orleans/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 702
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
How's everyone finding the new season(s)? Enjoying NCIS proper - feel that LA has had a slow start to the season.

Just read through everyone discussing the departure of Cote de Pablo, which is a shame. Nobody seems to have mentioned that the NCIS: Red spinoff was shelved...

But how about NCIS: New Orleans? http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/ncis-spinoff-cbs-mark-harmon-new-orleans/

Really? I thought the new season for LA was a brilliant first two episodes personally. ECO played Deeks perfectly during the two episodes.
Alas, this thread does seem to have died. Anyone up to speed with season 11? Sad to hear that Ralph Waite died.
I'm up to date with season 11, just trying to get used to the character changes with the departure of Cote.

Bishop is a bit of an annoying character in my opinion but they seem to have tamed' her down a smidgen since her introduction.

It's really sad that Ralph passed but to my knowledge i read somewhere they will be doing a tribute for him in the season finale.

This season hasn't lived up to the standards of last season, but that was expected with the big changes happening, however i am intrigued to see how the progress from here.
I'm really not feeling season 11. There have been some good episodes, "Anonymous was a women" being a highlight but the quality has really dropped. I don't think it is totally bishop's fault although I'm not a fan and dislike how it seems they are pushing her to have a couple of big scenes each episode. The parsa arc was handled terribly, I like Delilah but she has not had enough screentime or intensity for me to really care that much about her and the writing seems weaker.

Recurring characters have been underwhelming and I hope the finale will manage to salvage some hope setting up a better season 12 or I worry how the future show will look.
Reply 706
I've been more focused on NCIS Los Angeles in truth. Season 5 of LA seems to be more gripping and funnier than season 11 of NCIS. I prefer NCIS overall don't get me wrong, but NCIS Los Angeles is great show in itself and this season has been cracking thus far.
I think that with the departure of Ziva last season they have tried sprucing season 11 with cameos here there and everywhere that they are struggling to get a cohesive season together.

The last two episodes were not the usual NCIS but that was expected when the episodes were more of a pilot for a potential NCIS: New Orleans. I am not sure if the finale this year is going to be as explosive as we've seen them in the past since they will be addressing Ralph Waites (papa Gibbs) passing. So i am going to be intrigued as to how the finale is handled.

I don't think the quality as such has dropped, however NCIS were able to milk the Tony/Ziva 'relationship' for a long time so we ended up getting consistent episodes week after week. This season seems to be lacking that consistently that we have known for such a long time.

We can only wait and see i guess.
Reply 708
I'm only up to S11 Ep 11 but I loved Ep 10 with Fornell and Diane!
Original post by Yuna47
Sorry, I can't resist...

In the first episode, Yankee White, the same question arose...

Dennis: "NCIS anything like CSI?"
Tony: "Only if you’re dyslexic."

*cries with laughter*
Me and my friend AJ wrote an NCIS fanfiction of anybody is interested in reading it. :smile:
You can find it here:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6464298/1/Stakeouts-Secrets-And-Other-Simple-Things
Well I thought the season had a good finish. The Admiral's Daughter was an enjoyable episode, and there's been a lot of good among the rough. Good season finale too. Interesting to see where they take it in season 12. Seems inevitable that the show is destined for cancellation at some point in the near future - I just don't it being sustainable for long term any longer. It'll be interesting to see what they do with NCIS: New Orleans which got picked up for a full season.
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
Well I thought the season had a good finish. The Admiral's Daughter was an enjoyable episode, and there's been a lot of good among the rough. Good season finale too. Interesting to see where they take it in season 12. Seems inevitable that the show is destined for cancellation at some point in the near future - I just don't it being sustainable for long term any longer. It'll be interesting to see what they do with NCIS: New Orleans which got picked up for a full season.

I thought the finale was very fitting, and i enjoyed the back story surrounding the boats.

I think NCIS will struggle to reach what they had going for the few seasons before Cote departed however i think next season will be a bit more normal since all the new introductions have been done. I noticed they toned down Bishop as the season went on, however i am struggling to see how we can get future story lines with her involved (it was much easier with Ziva and the Mossad). This season however never really had anything deep going through it. We had the Benham Parsa story going through but it was very weak overall, with the writing often being side tracks by different events (all the various cameos', Palmer adopting, Delilah and McGee etc.)

I think next season will decide the future of NCIS. This season was always going to be difficult, so they have to get next season right if there is any potential for NCIS to continue for more season to come.

Either way, i enjoy NCIS i will watch it regardless of whatever comes of it.
After a very good season 5, I thought the finale of NCIS:LA was a little average. Actually, I wouldn't say it was average but more that season 4 had a MASSIVE cliffhanger and had you wanting it to be September. This season...not so much, although it's allegedly part one of a two part episode even though it's over two separate seasons.
Original post by _Morsey_
I think NCIS will struggle to reach what they had going for the few seasons before Cote departed ... Either way, i enjoy NCIS i will watch it regardless of whatever comes of it.

I agree on both counts. But while I could watch stuff from seasons 1-5 (or a little beyond) over and over, some of the more recent stuff takes a little more effort. There are definitely still highlights, and some of the character development has been great. But it's been a long time since we saw episodes like s02e07 "Call of Silence", for instance.

Original post by IDukem
After a very good season 5, I thought the finale of NCIS:LA was a little average. Actually, I wouldn't say it was average but more that season 4 had a MASSIVE cliffhanger and had you wanting it to be September. This season...not so much, although it's allegedly part one of a two part episode even though it's over two separate seasons.

I thought it was an alright finish.
I've still watched Season 11 but I'm just not as emotionally invested in it as I was, season 10 was like, some of my favourite TV I've ever watched really, and I really miss Cote/Ziva :frown: I watch the old ones back feeling so nostalgic, it's changed it's 'feel' a little bit which I suppose is to be expected.. I hope it gets a bit back on track to it's old self next year :smile: Also would it kill them to even mention Ziva.. like how does someone you've worked with for like 8 years leave and then you never mention them again, ever, not even by name in passing... thats the only major irritation I've had with the last part of season 11 haha but life goes on...
Reply 716
I like Bishop, reminds me of Abby in a way.

and also NCIS the original is the best IMO

Quick Reply

Latest