The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm doing the GDL (by distance) at Nottingham Law School. There's a good mix of students from both the UK and overseas. Despite splitting the course over two years the course is still fairly intense. Balancing the work / study life is daunting at times, and it does mean that your social life will suffer a great deal at times over the two years.

Exams are closed book, but then aren't exams supposed to be (I understand that some courses are open book). There are four weekends over each year (October, December, February, April) and they are normally run from 4pm-9pm on the Friday, 9am-6:30pm on the Saturday, and 9am-3ish on the Sunday. The hotel used for accommodation is average, but then it is just a room for the night. Quite a few people use the down time after class to hit the town which is a good night out.
Reply 2
Northumbria does one.
Is anyone else on the BPP course starting in a couple of weeks time?

I've paid my fees, but I've been pretty shocked at the lack of communication - a couple of emails about book deliveries, an email on the student internet and that's it. Meant to be going up there in two weeks time for the induction...
Reply 4
FindFixStroke
Is anyone else on the BPP course starting in a couple of weeks time?

I've paid my fees, but I've been pretty shocked at the lack of communication - a couple of emails about book deliveries, an email on the student internet and that's it. Meant to be going up there in two weeks time for the induction...

That's pretty common wherever you go. Why not contact the institution to give them a kick up the bum?
Reply 5
Does anyone know of any distance learning GDL's that only take ONE year to complete? Thus far the only single-year DL GDL I've found is Hertfordshire.

Latest

Trending

Trending