The Student Room Group

Who Do I Ask?

Hi, this may seem a really stupid question but here goes anyway!
Basically, I've got an AAA offer to study Classics next year. I'm really chuffed(obviously!:biggrin:) but the thing is I've been ill this last few months and, while I've been trying to sort it, it has had effects on my work. I don't think I'll be able to get an A in Physics(the other two are OK) even with a lot of work now. My school has suggested that I tell Cambridge so that it can be taken into consideration but I don't know who to contact(and neither does my really helpful school!:rolleyes:) Is it the DoS of my subject, or the admissions tutor for my college or someone else? I'm really confused!

Thanks for any help!:biggrin:
Reply 1
I would try the admissions tutor for your college and then they could pass the message to higher authorities if needed.
jc123
I would try the admissions tutor for your college and then they could pass the message to higher authorities if needed.

Seconded, I've done that and they've asked for a copy of my medical certificate to go on my file just in case so that if I miss my offer, they have some (pretty up to date) information to take into consideration. Good luck :smile:
Agreed. The person you think will be your dos might not be your dos, and besides, he/she doesn't even know you yet.
Rhoadissimus
Hi, this may seem a really stupid question but here goes anyway!
Basically, I've got an AAA offer to study Classics next year. I'm really chuffed(obviously!:biggrin:) but the thing is I've been ill this last few months and, while I've been trying to sort it, it has had effects on my work. I don't think I'll be able to get an A in Physics(the other two are OK) even with a lot of work now. My school has suggested that I tell Cambridge so that it can be taken into consideration but I don't know who to contact(and neither does my really helpful school!:rolleyes:) Is it the DoS of my subject, or the admissions tutor for my college or someone else? I'm really confused!

Thanks for any help!:biggrin:

Well i missed a lot of schoolin last year. i was adviced to let the school to contact the exam board (although i never did) they cud give u a bit of leverage.
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies everyone! One last(and dumb!)question; would it be best to phone or email? I'm not very good at speaking on the phone, but email seems awkward!:redface:
I got no reponse by ringing, so I left an email with a contact number if they wanted to discuss things further- best of both worlds :smile: In the end it was easy to sort out and it was all done via email...
Reply 7
Your school can apply for special circumstances for you to the exam board. They will mark your papers more leniently (move a high b to an a etc)...

Latest

Trending

Trending