The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't do this paper but it's 'bolshevism' just so you know :smile:
Reply 2
6522F Democracy and Bolshevism in Post-War States: Germany and Russia, 1918-29
i The Triumph of Bolshevism? Russia, 1918–29

The focus of this option is on the development of Russia and the Soviet Union under Bolshevik rule from the beginning of 1918 to the stage at which Stalin’s power and authority within the Politburo, and therefore within the Soviet Union as a whole, was, in effect, absolute. It also focuses on the ways in which, and the extent to which Communism was established in Russia in these years. Candidates should have knowledge of the causes, events and impact of the Civil Wars of 1918-22. This includes Bolshevik policies in the aftermath of the 1917 seizure of power, and knowledge of relevant events in the last two months of 1917 will be rewarded. The phrase ‘the consolidation of Bolshevik power’ in the specification refers to the years both of Lenin’s rule and also in the years immediately following his death. The phrase ‘the internal power struggle after Lenin’s death’ requires candidates to have knowledge and understanding of the main contenders for power (Stalin, Trotsky, Kamenev and Zinoviev) and also of the key issues which divided them. The phrase ‘War Communism and the NEP’ refers to the policies developed by Lenin and the Bolsheviks in order to determine the ultimate outcome of the Civil War in favour of the Bolsheviks. Candidates will be expected to have knowledge and understanding of the key features of the New Economic Policy, including understanding of the extent to which NEP represented a retreat from the ideals of Communism. They should also have knowledge of its weaknesses and the reasons for its abandonment in 1928–9.
Questions will not be set on the First Five-Year Plan. The phrase ‘Soviet society’ relates to Bolshevik policy in respect of religion, the arts, women and the family. Candidates should have knowledge and understanding of the impact of Bolshevik policy on the Russian Orthodox church and on peasant and bourgeois culture. The phrase ‘The Arts’ refers to music, literature and film, as well as the traditional visual arts. They should also have knowledge and understanding of Bolshevik views on proletarian culture (Proletkult) and the family, including decrees on civil marriage, children and divorce. Questions will not be set on the arts and propaganda in the 1930s, and candidates should not attempt to apply knowledge of these issues in the 1930’s to the policies and problems of the 1920’s.

(from the spec.)

the consolidation of Bolshevik power; how they dealt with immediate problems Nov 1917-July1918, economic and political developments emergence of a one-party state, centralisation of power, development of a dictatorship by 1924

the Civil War 1918-1921; causes, Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, how and why Whites were defeated and Reds won, role of Trotsky

War Communism and the New Economic Policy: Why economic policies developed and changed 1918-1924, crisis of 1921, Kronstadt rebellion, debates about the NEP 1926-28

The Internal Power Struggle after Lenin's death 1924-28; the rise of Stalin

The influence of Bolshevism on the Soviet Society; Communist policy and culture, women and the family, education, religion

(this from a revision guide my teacher provided)

P.S sorry for any typos. phew
Reply 3
cheers for that!!!!! Have you got any notes on the unit...im really lost with: The influence of Bolshevism on the Soviet Society; Communist policy and culture, women and the family, education, religion...so any simplfied notes wud be great
Thank yhoo
Reply 4
abbs_aly
cheers for that!!!!! Have you got any notes on the unit...im really lost with: The influence of Bolshevism on the Soviet Society; Communist policy and culture, women and the family, education, religion...so any simplfied notes wud be great
Thank yhoo

You welcome, give me a day or two and I will type up the whole revision guide my teacher gave, its honestly a pity I don't have a scanner :frown:
Reply 5
So far I have typed the society bit up for you, its soo much work to type the whole thing, they are few more pages on this, but I thought I would give you something at least, I haven't been feeling well either.
Reply 6
yaf
OP
ahijaw
So far I have typed the society bit up for you, its soo much work to type the whole thing, they are few more pages on this, but I thought I would give you something at least, I haven't been feeling well either.

o not to worry its not a problem thanks very much for you help :smile: (hope you got my rep)

Latest

Trending

Trending