The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have limited knowledge of LNAT, but I assume they all have a chance to see it. But some wont really care... lol.
Reply 2
Only 8 universities want the LNAT exam to be taken. The result of your LNAT exam will only be given to those universities. It is not passed onto any other university that does not require you to take the exam.
If you have any queries regarding the LNAT exam then i would recommend that you visit the LNAT website.
Good luck with the LNAT.

----------------------------------------
Member of the Law Society
Reply 3
Not sure about this, but do the other Universities not requiring LNAT still see my score? I'm applying to Nottingham, Oxford, UCL and Durham (they need LNAT), but also KCL and LSE (they don't).

hey!! i'm apllying for law too at every single one of these unis except for nottingham! :biggrin:
Reply 4
I'm going for law at Cam,LSE,Bristol,Notts,Warwick and Durham. Personally Dirham seems to be the best.
sad-ist
Not sure about this, but do the other Universities not requiring LNAT still see my score? I'm applying to Nottingham, Oxford, UCL and Durham (they need LNAT), but also KCL and LSE (they don't).

Snap. I've applied to exactly the same choices - so you're a gambler too then? :biggrin: :wink:

If they're not part of the LNAT consortium - then they won't see it.

LSE and Kings will not see any part of your LNAT exam/score. It is not a part of their admissions procedures [- 'yet']. Bear in mind the fact that future employers (e.g. City law firms) are likely to ask for your LNAT scores, but this is some way off!
Reply 6
LSE is supposed to be very good

It's a great place to study law. And it's my joint favourite - along with Oxford.

An LSE law degree opens doors.

Having said that - Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Kings, Durham, Nottingham, Bristol, Warwick - are all amazing.
mobb_theprequel
It's a great place to study law. And it's my joint favourite - along with Oxford.

LSE aren't even in my list. Nothing matches Oxford for me :tongue:
NDGAARONDI
LSE aren't even in my list. Nothing matches Oxford for me :tongue:

I disagree.

I actually think that Cambridge is the best place for undergrad law, by some margin (by far the best facilities, best teaching methods, more chance of getting a 1st etc.)... It's a pity that it sucks as a place though - the Cam admissions process is actually a lot more favourable to me than the Ox one! But I'd rather not spend three years of my life in East Anglia!
The LNAT scores can be passed on to other universities who aren't members of the LNAT syndicate, but I imagine they will have to contribute towards paying etc.

Regarding the assumption that employers will want to see future LNAT scores this could be a real problem as the LNAT is not an endorsed qualification and scores are merely being reported over the internet. How will people prove it etc.
mobb_theprequel
I actually think that Cambridge is the best place for undergrad law, by some margin (by far the best facilities, best teaching methods, more chance of getting a 1st etc.)... It's a pity that it sucks as a place though - the Cam admissions process is actually a lot more favourable to me than the Ox one! But I'd rather not spend three years of my life in East Anglia!

That's why I chose Ox over Cam. The majority of my universities are in London.
NDGAARONDI
That's why I chose Ox over Cam. The majority of my universities are in London.

I prefer Cambridge so much more though! And the Oxford Law Faculty- are you kidding me!!! Cambridge is a much nicer place than Oxford. Last year 500 more people applied to Cambridge for Law than Oxford. I hope that it levels out this year!
Reply 13
So there's quite a few people applying to similar choices as me. Well, good luck to all of you!:wink: my interview's on oct 29th, hopefully it'll go alright.
tomcoolinguk
I prefer Cambridge so much more though

Each to their own :cool:
tomcoolinguk
I prefer Cambridge so much more though! And the Oxford Law Faculty- are you kidding me!!! Cambridge is a much nicer place than Oxford. Last year 500 more people applied to Cambridge for Law than Oxford. I hope that it levels out this year!

Dearie, aren't you meant to have spent absolutely ages over the Oxford vs. Cambridge debate? Especially after the Oxford Law Summer school and moreover, don't you want to get a BCL? And yet you're mocking the Oxford Law Faculty? Tsk tsk, shocking behaviour! :tongue:

(Merton and Magdalen will always rock so much more than Downing. And don't you forget that!)
deianra
don't you want to get a BCL?

You can get that without having to study at Oxford at undergraduate level anyway :tongue:
sad-ist
So there's quite a few people applying to similar choices as me. Well, good luck to all of you!:wink: my interview's on oct 29th, hopefully it'll go alright.

And which interview would this be?
mobb_theprequel
And which interview would this be?

I wouldn't mind knowing too.
deianra
Dearie, aren't you meant to have spent absolutely ages over the Oxford vs. Cambridge debate? Especially after the Oxford Law Summer school and moreover, don't you want to get a BCL? And yet you're mocking the Oxford Law Faculty? Tsk tsk, shocking behaviour! :tongue:

(Merton and Magdalen will always rock so much more than Downing. And don't you forget that!)

Dearie, I think you are mistaken (coughs, thinking of good way to get out of this). Merton, New (how could you forget New!) and Magdalen are amazing colleges. However, my angst in choosing Cambridge over Oxford occurred because Cambridge is so much more competitive for Law (7.2 per place compared to just over 4 at Oxford).

And of course I want to do a BCL- it is THE postgrad law course. Lol.

*Downing rocks!** (Apparently Merton didn't have a freshers week, they all had crammer weeks to prepare for finals!)

Latest

Trending

Trending