The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

trance addict
stress isnt the word.. teachers dont understand how important grades are like a B + in maths. My whole life is ****ed up if i mess up at certain stages.. Same with if i flop a levels ill end up doing pharmacy and probably topping myself from a crap job lol :p:

Of course you'll get a B+ in Maths! You sound as though you work very hard, so you'll undoubtedly succeed! To be honest, it seems that Pharmacy can lead to some very good jobs, in terms of pay. I have a family friend who is working as a Pharmacist in a nearby hospital, and he seems to be doing rather well for himself. Nevertheless, don't lose hope because I'm sure come results day you'll be very pleasantly surprised with yourself, as will the majority of people on TSR. We work hard, but we just don't recognise it ourselves!
piece_by_piece
Of course you'll get a B+ in Maths! You sound as though you work very hard, so you'll undoubtedly succeed! To be honest, it seems that Pharmacy can lead to some very good jobs, in terms of pay. I have a family friend who is working as a Pharmacist in a nearby hospital, and he seems to be doing rather well for himself. Nevertheless, don't lose hope because I'm sure come results day you'll be very pleasantly surprised with yourself, as will the majority of people on TSR. We work hard, but we just don't recognise it ourselves!

:P

Theres reasons why i dont want to do pharmacy, pm if you really want to find out
Reply 22
piece_by_piece
Yeah I know, I said that!
The ones I really don't want to come up are: Night of the Scorpian, Limbo, Vultures, and Two Scavengers. Haha, that's half of cluster 1! Oh well.

:eek: i realy want Vultures and Two Scavengers to be there!!

but not Limbo and Night of the Scorpion, they're a no no :P
Reply 23
Island Man.. :biggrin: and Vultures love them and Nothings Changed By Achebe
Considering I hate English Lit I enjoy the poetry element of it
You know I hate that theres only one question in the different cultures question that is relevent to the cluster you are studying.
Nayberay
You know I hate that theres only one question in the different cultures question that is relevent to the cluster you are studying.

Don't you study both clusters? We do =s.
We only study cluster 1!
Reply 26
We only study cluster 1 lol I wanted to study both but noo class vote once again!
Oh, I guess we studied both so we have a choice in the exam. Does this mean that in an exam, if the question mentions a poem from cluster one, you can't compare with a cluster two poem? My Enlgish teacher is ****.
Reply 28
Lol Cluster 1 poems for the first questions only
Cluster 2 poems for the second question
get that checked lol
Aww I wanted to study cluster 2 maybe I could self study
I dont think it'll be Limbo that comes up because it was the one that came up for the people who done the November resits - apparently.
piece_by_piece
We only study cluster 1!

Same, our teacher said it'd be pointless learning 16 poems.

May as well concentrate on one cluster fully, instead of having to just 'touch over' the two clusters.
My teacher said it's best for us to learn all the poems from both clusters so we're less restricted in the exam and stuff. Last lesson we spent the entire lesson on What Were They Like, lol. And I've recently bought a Poems From Different Cultures revision guide (and also one for our Lit poems) because I really struggle with poetry and need as much help as I can get, lol.
Reply 32
for spec b i really hope ballad comes up! or la belle... or porphyria's lover.. NOT SHAKESPEARE OR AMEN... rossetti makes no sense *sigh*.. and for the pre release booklet hmm i would like i,too sing america :smile:
Reply 33
trance addict
stress isnt the word.. teachers dont understand how important grades are like a B + in maths. My whole life is ****ed up if i mess up at certain stages.. Same with if i flop a levels ill end up doing pharmacy and probably topping myself from a crap job lol :p:

Lol, i am sure you'll be fine. And if you are going to top yourself where better to do it than in a pharmacy!! :p:
trance addict

Ah yes but you do realise all the good schools of pharmacy want a B minimum in GCSE maths if you don't have it at A level. And by the time you're ready to apply I'd imagine all of them will :p: so then you'll have to do an even crappier job :wink: (and when all the top pharmacy schools now make offers of AAB/ABB at A level - really flopping your A levels there!!)
Reply 35
Emmz don't depress him even more!!!
trance addict

If you aim for a B in maths ur going to struggle to get into IB
aiming for an A/A*.. teacher is always putting me down a grade or two, but then again try going to my school and not having teachers half the time + having to self teach topics

plus A level maths > gcse maths for comp sci entry
trance addict
aiming for an A/A*.. teacher is always putting me down a grade or two, but then again try going to my school and not having teachers half the time + having to self teach topics

plus A level maths > gcse maths for comp sci entry

IF you get a gcse b in maths i can assure you that you wont get a top grade a level. You'll be lucky to get a B at AS
ScottyDawgUk
IF you get a gcse b in maths i can assure you that you wont get a top grade a level. You'll be lucky to get a B at AS

Speaking from personal experience or what?

Latest