The Student Room Group
I studied this last year, a few pointers to consider, namely what were the diplomatic successes of Henry's government and the failure of the Yorkist pretenders.

Your timeframe includes both the Treaty of Medina del Campo and the Treaty of Etaples, it also includes the trade agreements with the Netherlands. Henrys diplomatic treaties isolated the Yorkist rebels. The diplomatic balance between France and the HRE ensure that neither would risk supporting an English Yorkist pretender and annoying the other.
onlyinyourdreams
'With what success did Henry VII neutralise the dangers of foreign support for Yorkist Pretenders in the years 1486 to 1497'

I assume that you have had lessons on the pretenders, have access to textbooks with similar questions as their "key questions" and a collection of notes about the pretenders leaning towards the question.

Look at the international treaties as described by davireland you may then want to look at failures internationally. Describe the aims of treaties, what Henry gained from them and in what ways he lost his aims. Following this you may like to look at his successes at home (as these are all related to his international support (possible lack of)).

Try analysing what were Henry's successes and his failures in general terms.
Success
- Presentation of the real E of Warwick to the crowds
- Perkin Warbeck's first landing, PW defeated before he landed
- Treaty of Ayton, Warbeck loses the support of Scotland (*remember that Scotland counts as foreign support)
- Putting down of the Cornish uprising and imprisonment of Warbeck

Failures
- length of time the pretenders were in existence
- other stuff I don't really remember (It's been more than 2 years since I touched on this)

Latest

Trending

Trending