The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Amount/percentage of international students in KCL

Hi everyone, i'm asking this out of curiosity. Do courses such as law's intake for international students restricted by the 7.5% quota imposed by the British government on the intake of overseas students? I don't seem to be able to find any statistical data on the KCL website regarding the racial composition of their students. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
I'd guess it's largely representative as the college as whole. I'd guess that London universities tend to have a greater proportion of international students than other universities, probably because of their location.

"We are proud to have over 4,000 international students on campus, from almost every country, ethnic and cultural group in the world."
(from International Students section of the KCL website)

Wikipedia estimates the entire student body as being between 19,300 and ~21,000 (there are probably more accurate statistics on that - but Wikipedia is quick and usually fairly accurate) - so that's significantly more than 7.5% . I'd imagine that the Law School's intake reflects that.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
It's very very mixed, that's all I can say, I've never really measured how many of each race are around me but I know there's a big variety.
Reply 3
Someone was telling me that KCL is much harder to get in compared to Bristol, is that true?(for international students who wish to read Medicine).Looks like KCL takes in more international students every year, since their total intake is larger than the other medical schools too.

Latest