The Student Room Group
Emmerald
I'm gonna try and reply to UCAs this weekend :s-smilie:

Firm: Robert Gordon
Insurance: Queens (a higher offer I know but RGU is my lowest so my school suggested I put Queens down just incase something happens and I cant leave home)

What do you think? I'm really scared I'm making the wrong decision! :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Queen's Belfast, which is more reputable, gave you a higher offer than RGU, but your school suggested to put the one with the lower offer as firm? Unless you prefer RGU to Queen's, that does not make sense. The whole point of an insurance is if you don't get your firm (usually higher offer) then you have something to fall back on (the one that gave you the lower offer).
Reply 2
i agree with everything Mustard-man said

you should put down the choice you really want to go to, don't worry about the grades and stuff. you had those offers cos you can achieve the conditional grades.

and your firm is usually the one with the higher offers, don't listen to your school, they're not the one going to uni, you are.
Yeah, pointless putting the higher offer as insurance as i learnt - even if your meet both of your offers, you have to go to your firm because that's part of the agreemeent unless your firm releases you
Reply 4
ok maybe i didnt explain that clearly! under no circumstances do i plan to go 2 queens. basically if i dont get the grades for RGU im gonna have to take a year out. my school do not think there is any reason why i shouldnt get the grades of my queens offer. therefore it is my insurance incase (as i said) "something happens and i cant leave home" e.g. family stuff or i just decide i dont want to leave home.

understand now everyone?
Reply 5
if you don't want to go to Queens then yeah put it down as your insurance :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending