The Student Room Group

Are co-op programs important?

Hi!

I have been admitted to McGill and UBC recently and both offer co-op programs. However, I don't speak a lot of french so I was wondering if that would affect my chances of doing co-ops in McGill?

Also, how important are co-op programs anyways?? Is UBC's co-op program better than McGills?

I know it's a lot of questions but it is the next four years of my life and as an international student, I have to pay the full tuition fees!! Thanks for any comments! Greatly appreciate it!
shuantw
Hi!

I have been admitted to McGill and UBC recently and both offer co-op programs. However, I don't speak a lot of french so I was wondering if that would affect my chances of doing co-ops in McGill?

Also, how important are co-op programs anyways?? Is UBC's co-op program better than McGills?

I know it's a lot of questions but it is the next four years of my life and as an international student, I have to pay the full tuition fees!! Thanks for any comments! Greatly appreciate it!

It doesn't really matter...what matters is what you learn. You can always learn 法文...it isn't that difficult. Nevertheless, it is the interaction with the international business community that helps you...so choose that provides the most interaction with the other parts of the world.

Latest