The Student Room Group
Reply 1
don't paniccccc. :wink: there's nothing to worry about even you make a mistake, its alrright coz its ur first time just dont get anyone improtant wet or hurt. thats all. everything you gotta do is smile and keep up a good smily-voice with pleasant attitude. good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
thanks :smile: im just hoping i can keep my panic attacks under control as i have serious anxiety problems :redface:

the lady who rang me sounded really nice though so that is a good start, at least im not working for hitler :p:
Reply 3
You can always take better jobs but waitressing is a good job to take for first job because obviously you learn to control yourself. :wink:) Just remember that noone is good first time and give it a try. Don't be embrassed and calm yourself down even you break some glasses or whatever. I am sure there will be good people to help you out even you make a mistake and its a good sign that your boss's ( or collegue's) voice was nice:smile:)) have a great work experience :smile:
Reply 4
Go as fast as you can and nobody will shout at you. If the chef gives you **** be cheeky back and maximum flirting with customers = maximum £££!
Reply 5
thanks all :smile:
Reply 6
Smile, and be polite.
and dont knock over any babies :|
Reply 7
ill try not to :p:
Reply 8
how was it?
Reply 9
chaos! the chefs were pretty sharp with me but i think thats 'coz they were stressed and under pressure. not brilliant, but not bad, could be a lot worse :smile:
SquishyHomie
chaos! the chefs were pretty sharp with me but i think thats 'coz they were stressed and under pressure. not brilliant, but not bad, could be a lot worse :smile:

Yeah chefs are all bastards ;console; don't worry they are nice, just really very deep down :wink:
just avoid the soup, its soooo annoying i used to spill it all around the rim and look like a nob.
Reply 12
Yeah, chef's have a tendancy to start shouting when it gets busy. They are normally alright people though.

I wouldn't worry about making mistakes on your first few shifts, on my first shift, I burnt the owners mum! But, I still work there occasionally (when I'm back from uni).
ARg I have an interview today for an american diner... the manager told me to "come in to say hi" lol. I'm stuck with what to wear... I'm usually in a suit (hence the waitressing/bar work... for a change)... mmm black jeans and errr something lol. Hope I don't muck it up.
thepinkpowerranger
ARg I have an interview today for an american diner... the manager told me to "come in to say hi" lol. I'm stuck with what to wear... I'm usually in a suit (hence the waitressing/bar work... for a change)... mmm black jeans and errr something lol. Hope I don't muck it up.

Good luck! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending