The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
nosnibor
I don't know - I'm haunting the same accommodation thread as you to try to work out where to apply!

Think I'll go catered as I'm a terrible cook - Chancellor's Court and Masson seem to be popular so will probably put those down.

(My name's Sophie btw :smile:)

i'm also a terrible cook :smile: i opted for catered as it would save me many troubles for the first year, then i would like to find sth with my new friends :smile:
and my name's julia :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
firmed for medicine

so happy ive finally made up my mind and done it
Reply 22
I think Edinburgh will be my firm too but I still haven't decided. What accommodation have you guys applied for?
Reply 23
I think Edinburgh will be my firm, tuesday is the deadline :redface:
I've just firmed my offer for english literature (hopefully with german) today! I'm so excited!!! I just think edinburgh is one of the loveliest places I've ever been too and I can't wait to live there!
Reply 25
The_pink_burglar
I've just firmed my offer for english literature (hopefully with german) today! I'm so excited!!! I just think edinburgh is one of the loveliest places I've ever been too and I can't wait to live there!

Another English Lit kid! Cool.
Reply 26
Yeah there seems to be a heck of a lot of you...any fellow historians out there?! :biggrin:
Firmed for physics back in January but I may as well post it here

Firmed for physics

yay now I need to get BBB
Reply 28
Ooh, and now i've officially firmed Edinburgh! I'm so excited - and want to start buying jumpers but it's all summer stuff in the shops atm...

Anyway - any philosopher and theologians in the building??? :biggrin:

*tumbleweed rolls past*

... we are a rare and noble breed.
Reply 29
jomo
Ooh, and now i've officially firmed Edinburgh! I'm so excited - and want to start buying jumpers but it's all summer stuff in the shops atm...
QUOTE]

its not THAT cold here. i know people hwo go around in a top and a cardy in winter (although they must have very good thermoregulation unlike me)
Aye its not as cold as people make out

It's only ever cold when its windy.

But feel free to purchase some thermal vests and long johns :P
Reply 31
Firmed my MSc. Artificial Intelligence offer. Any joining me?
Reply 32
juls
Cornwall is far?! And what would you say about POLAND? :biggrin:

Bulgaria :p:
Computer Science and Managment Science
Reply 33
sharkytt
Bulgaria :p:
Computer Science and Managment Science

hmmm ok i admit, you beat me :smile:
Reply 34
In the winter it si very hot in Edinburgh compared to Bulgaria :biggrin:, while in the summer it is the opposite :smile: The only thing that concerns me is the rain, I read that about 180 days of the year are rainy :/ I am also disappointed that there won't be much snow :frown: And I will have to go back to Bulgaria to ski :biggrin:
Reply 35
FTC199
its not THAT cold here. i know people hwo go around in a top and a cardy in winter (although they must have very good thermoregulation unlike me)

Ah you see i'm the same - I feel the cold soooo easily but I figured the weather would be a small price to pay to live somewhere as beautiful as Edinburgh. So yeah - expect to see a suspicious character around September wearing a balaclava, several frumpy jumpers and of course some oh-so attractive long johns.

Oh and if the wind is bad, does that mean short skirts aren't a good idea either? :P lol, important stuff, people.
Reply 36
jomo

Oh and if the wind is bad, does that mean short skirts aren't a good idea either? :P lol, important stuff, people.

i have to wear a kilt to school, there can be bad moments at times.

in general short skirts are ok, its floaty ones with lots of material that you have to watch out for. tights under the skirt (because of the chill we both feel) would be useful for a short skirt
Reply 37
FTC199
i have to wear a kilt to school, there can be bad moments at times.

in general short skirts are ok, its floaty ones with lots of material that you have to watch out for. tights under the skirt (because of the chill we both feel) would be useful for a short skirt

Oh man, I forgot about that. I can barely cope with wearing a short skirt in calm, still Birmingham.

So in Freshers' Week, I'll be the one holding my skirt down all the way across George Square.
Reply 38
nosnibor
So in Freshers' Week, I'll be the one holding my skirt down all the way across George Square.

freshers week will probably be ok for it because the start of spetember isnt too bad, its the 20th september which is when the weather usually changes and becomes wetter (the september weekend most years but thats early this year so im guessing the 20th, its like clockwork!)
Reply 39
FTC199
freshers week will probably be ok for it because the start of spetember isnt too bad, its the 20th september which is when the weather usually changes and becomes wetter (the september weekend most years but thats early this year so im guessing the 20th, its like clockwork!)

Haha, love it that you know the exact date! I plan to buy a lot of umbrellas and coats to deal with the weather...

Latest

Trending

Trending