The Student Room Group
fran1891
Hi, does anybody have any tips on how to achieve high marks in the OCR AS French oral? I.e.- role play, presentation, discussion. Mine's in about 2 weeks, and i'd really like to achieve as high as possible. Thanks :smile:

There aren't loads of special tips just for this. In terms of roleplay I'm guessing you'll have done practice on old ones. But; be prepared for very random situations. I did ok with mine (had to sell chocolate to someone) but some of my classmates had to sell double glazing! Presentation; make sure you've written a decent page of cue notes. Especially include your stats - they're easy to forget. If you struggle with numbers then write them out in full words. Discussion - be confident (well duh) and my top tip here is - write yourself a list of 6 or 7 top notch phrases on your page which you can use as fillers if you lose your place. Don't just rely on "eeuuhh" - for a high A grade performance, you should if you suddenly lose your thread of thought say something like "Ah, desolee, j'ai un trou de memoir" (Oh I'm sorry - I've got a hole in my memory!) - that gives you several moments to regain your thread of speech! Good luck!
Reply 2
could someone please explain the roleplays to me? i get so confused with them :frown: you ask the 2 questions and then its just sort of a discussion? as in the examiner asks you a question about whatever its on then you reply?! or could it be different?
Reply 3
amylase55
could someone please explain the roleplays to me? i get so confused with them :frown: you ask the 2 questions and then its just sort of a discussion? as in the examiner asks you a question about whatever its on then you reply?! or could it be different?

Are you doing OCR?
If you're on OCR then you have your info pamphlet (lets say about a museum). The examiner (who turns out to be your penpal or something) is visiting and says they'd like a day out. You ask them what sort of things they like doing (they'll obviously allude to the set task so you can reply). You then say "Well! I have a great idea! How about the museum!" Examiner will then ask you questions (where is it, how do we get there, when does it open...) which you reply to with the info from the sheet. You're last task will be a brief discussion (a minute tops) on a more general issue (e.g. what's your view on museums, or how do you think we should structure our day out ... that kinda thing). Hope this helps...
Reply 5
Thankyou very much for the response! I had it today and it went very well :smile: Does anybody have any information on the grade boundaries for it? Apparently the whole thing is marked out of 60, and I am unsure of the marks needed for A and B Grades, it would be great if anybody knew them? I saw my teacher writing down 48 or something, she said it was a "very good grade" but didn't state the precise grade. Thanks.
Reply 6
i would say 48/60 is an A as it is 80 percent and language grade boundaries are usually lower than the general 80 percent A 70 percent B and so on. what was your roleplay on about? x

Latest

Trending

Trending