The Student Room Group

Corpus

Just wondered if the corpus freshers enjoyed the debauchery of the slack. Was awesome wasn't it (cept for jonny grays appalling DJing effort)

And for those people that are doing college bar crawls you should know that corpus bar serves between 7-7.30 and 9-10.30 (11 at weekend). Try to remember or you'll end up getting in there find out and having to leave!
J
Reply 1
foolfarian
And for those people that are doing college bar crawls you should know that corpus bar serves between 7-7.30 and 9-10.30 (11 at weekend). Try to remember or you'll end up getting in there find out and having to leave!
J

What kind of dumbass times are those? :rolleyes:

*doesn't even know where Corpus bar is :redface:*
Reply 2
Helenia
*doesn't even know where Corpus bar is :redface:*

I went there once, then moaned at J on here about the locations of toilets. I now know about toilets in corpus.

To be honest it was alright, but small, I prefered the JCR area.

Alaric.
Reply 3
Corpus kicked out a friend of ours for getting an ordinary in her first year exams. :frown: Mean bastards. We'd like to know if it crossed their minds that maybe her supervisors were just crap - a third or 2ii, as a friend said, comes from when you arse around. An ordinary suggests other factors contributing.

So Corpus is not popular amongst our group right now :tongue:
MadNatSci
Corpus kicked out a friend of ours for getting an ordinary in her first year exams. :frown: Mean bastards. We'd like to know if it crossed their minds that maybe her supervisors were just crap - a third or 2ii, as a friend said, comes from when you arse around. An ordinary suggests other factors contributing.

So Corpus is not popular amongst our group right now :tongue:

The senior tutor has now changed - the old one (the infamous Chris Kelly who featured in varsity more than once) was the one who had this policy. The new one has somewhat a different approach - Dr Schofield. He's a scientist - does developmental biology (Kelly was a classicist) and so infinetely nicer, more approachable etc. Has a history of hot girlfriends too as i recall
:smile:
J
Reply 5
Ah OK, if he's a scientist he must be OK :smile:

Will they take our friend back then?! Though actually I think she's getting on OK at Birmingham now *sigh*
MadNatSci
Ah OK, if he's a scientist he must be OK :smile:

Will they take our friend back then?! Though actually I think she's getting on OK at Birmingham now *sigh*

See i'd never heard of a fresher getting chucked for a ordinary grade. What was her name (if you don't mind me asking) and what did she do?
Infact I'll point out i have a friend who has had a 2.2, a didn't do his exams cos of stress, and a 3rd, and is still in corpus doing his 4th year engineering. They are quite reasonable at times
J
Reply 7
Dunno I was out dancesporting and I opened the door to the slack at about 10 and it was 200 degrees so I didn't go in. Looked packed tho.

J, we have no communal social areas- the postroom has taken over. Seriously, we have nowhere to go after 10.30 except room parties.

Which one- e&b or Physiology? I don't like either of them much, but I can't be bothered with Physics, to be frank. I have to choose soon..
Reply 8
foolfarian
Just wondered if the corpus freshers enjoyed the debauchery of the slack. Was awesome wasn't it (cept for jonny grays appalling DJing effort)

J

Two of my friends are corpus freshers! They do not believe in electronic comunication though:rolleyes: so I don't know how they got on...

One does English, the other is a Medic.
Reply 9
foolfarian
See i'd never heard of a fresher getting chucked for a ordinary grade. What was her name (if you don't mind me asking) and what did she do?
Infact I'll point out i have a friend who has had a 2.2, a didn't do his exams cos of stress, and a 3rd, and is still in corpus doing his 4th year engineering. They are quite reasonable at times
J

She's an engineer called Laura. I don't know the exact circumstances of the case though.

Dreamer - physiology! It has some great practicals in it :smile:
dreamer
Dunno I was out dancesporting and I opened the door to the slack at about 10 and it was 200 degrees so I didn't go in. Looked packed tho.

J, we have no communal social areas- the postroom has taken over. Seriously, we have nowhere to go after 10.30 except room parties.

Which one- e&b or Physiology? I don't like either of them much, but I can't be bothered with Physics, to be frank. I have to choose soon..

I know that really sucks! See in my day where that computer room is was all the JCR so you could hangout there.

However - tip.
In the day time the bar is always open - so treat that as a communal area. For my three years me and my group of friends basically owned the octagon (seriously we're thinking of putting name plates up there for posterity - when they bar gets gutted and moved we are coming to get the seats :smile: Its a really good corner in which you can hang out as a big group, laze about and chat
Also you know where the tv room is right? Q2 i believe. Treat that as if it were a jcr.
F*ck anyone watching tv, go in there just to hangout, have some banter with peeps whilst watching neighbours or something. Seriously its the best way to get to know peeps
And go to the slack next time! its an institution. I know it gets sodding boiling in there, and that all the guys strip off (gotta keep cool) but its sooo much fun, and a great way to meeet people. As sad as it is alot of people will only be socialable and outgoing when they've had a few. And once you're past that initial hello then you're sorted.
J
O and madsci - what year was this girl? are you mean matriculated 2003? cos there is no record of a 'laura' engineer
Reply 11
yeah i do like the tv room altho the 1st years tend to crowd the edges a bit too afraid to go in the centre..!

actually im getting really down with the work. the work is probs not conceptually that tough its just the volume.the physio vs e&b debate is ruining my life, i cant think clear at all about it and im turning into a recluse. tonight i could have gone to 3/4 different things and refused it all to do maths. which i still havent finished.

i think i need to relax- any ideas in this place?
foolfarian
O and madsci - what year was this girl? are you mean matriculated 2003? cos there is no record of a 'laura' engineer

Hi - I'm Laura, I was a first year at Corpus last year. Whilst I appreciate your support/concern, I would appreciate it if this wasn't discussed on the web. I didn't want to have to intervene this little conversation, but once my name was mentioned, I felt I had to.

I appreciate the thought of a possible return, but the reasons of why I left stretch far beyond my exam results. The people who need to know why I was very unhappy there, know, and that is how I would like it to stay.

I'd be very grateful if you could take my feelings into consideration, and let this be the final post about it/me. I'm very happy where I am now, and would like to put last year behind me.

Thank you. Laura
dreamer
yeah i do like the tv room altho the 1st years tend to crowd the edges a bit too afraid to go in the centre..!

actually im getting really down with the work. the work is probs not conceptually that tough its just the volume.the physio vs e&b debate is ruining my life, i cant think clear at all about it and im turning into a recluse. tonight i could have gone to 3/4 different things and refused it all to do maths. which i still havent finished.

i think i need to relax- any ideas in this place?

Yeh i noticed that too. Quite a good looking bunch the freshers this year -noticed the line of blondes on the window seat.
Don't worry about work in the first few weeks. Its much more important to go out and meet people - its easy to turn your work around, its harder to get involved in college and social activities.
If you want to relax then the bar was always good. Or if you prefer the non-drinking activities then theres the gym and squash up at leckers. Its a nice run up there too.
J
Tip of the day - Tom Ford - what a c*ck
WrappingPaper
Hi - I'm Laura, I was a first year at Corpus last year. Whilst I appreciate your support/concern, I would appreciate it if this wasn't discussed on the web. I didn't want to have to intervene this little conversation, but once my name was mentioned, I felt I had to.

I appreciate the thought of a possible return, but the reasons of why I left stretch far beyond my exam results. The people who need to know why I was very unhappy there, know, and that is how I would like it to stay.

I'd be very grateful if you could take my feelings into consideration, and let this be the final post about it/me. I'm very happy where I am now, and would like to put last year behind me.

Thank you. Laura

That's fair enough, i know plenty of people that have left. I was actually more curious of the existence of someone i hadn't heard of or met in corpus. :smile:
Reply 15
foolfarian
Yeh i noticed that too. Quite a good looking bunch the freshers this year -noticed the line of blondes on the window seat.
Don't worry about work in the first few weeks. Its much more important to go out and meet people - its easy to turn your work around, its harder to get involved in college and social activities.
If you want to relax then the bar was always good. Or if you prefer the non-drinking activities then theres the gym and squash up at leckers. Its a nice run up there too.
J
Tip of the day - Tom Ford - what a c*ck

Our female freshers do have a rather good-looking bias apparently (no comment about myself there).

Yeah the run to lex is good, I am waiting for the email from the gym people.

Tom Ford- see, to me he acts perfectly nice and normal...!

Latest

Trending

Trending