The Student Room Group

Improving my cw

Hi, I've made a qoutation system for wedding dresses. My teacher has made notes on how to improve my work. For my Implementation section the current mark is 11-15 because I did not do the hardware and software selection. I have done it now but am nervous as I do not think it is enough to get me a good mark. Ive talked about hardware quite a lot but I think my software part is lacking. I have talked about using Office 2007 but I do not know what else to talk about.

Can anyone suggests how to improve it?

And if anyone has any tips on User Guide and Evaluation I'd really appreciate it.

Much thanks.xx
Reply 1
come up with several alternatives, write a bit (a table if necessary) for pros and cons of each - and that's not just "I don't know visual basic" - it's stuff like "While this could be done in VB it would take longer than developing it in office".

Finally - give a clear cut reason for your choice.

Have a look at the mark scheme that your teacher will be using - it's in the syllabus that is almost certainly (it was when I did it) on the exam board website - and see what you need to get top marks.

Same tip applies for the UG and evaluation - although if it's AQA ICT then *from memory* it's about showing the user how to do basic tasks, how to troubleshoot common problams (so show common error messages and what they mean) and so on.

Evaluation - as much as anything is about saying how you met your original objectives - so go back to analysis, copy and paste them - and then comment on each of them. You can also talk about how well you've solved the user's original problem - i.e. they probably asked you to make a system because their current approach wasn't working. So if they said "It takes ages to do a quote, it's handwritten so looks unprofessional, and I often make mistakes in calculations" then you can talk about how you've tackled each of those (quote takes under 10 seconds once data is input, looks professional as a report with the company logo on it, calculations all done automatically so no mistakes, plus validation on data entry). Obviously present the info a bit more spread out than that! Again - C&P stuff over from analysis

Also you can suggest further improvements you'd like to make

Talk about any feedback the end user had (if it's a module 6 project) and what you intend to do about it
Reply 2
wow thanks :biggrin:

my cw is in for tomorrow so hopefully I can get it done

thanks a lot!!
Reply 3
Erggh ICT coursework if your doing OCR module 2516 you can use the attached checklist to check you've got every point.

Latest

Trending

Trending