A Week in the Life: LSE edition

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
No.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
There isn't much reading for economics b, but you will have learn the the subject intuitively otherwise alywn young will rip you to pieces.
He has designed the subject in such a way that you will do the work if you wanna pass, but realistically you will do the work plus enjoy doing it. Or that remains his fallacy.
Finally i will be filling this in!

Monday: Wake up tired from the weekend, and not really excited about the week ahead. After a couple of hours in lectures, sit in the Quad and chat to anyone and everyone, eat paninis and pretend to read the FT :teeth: Come home in the evening and start some homework for the week, but don't get far as we haven't studied a lot yet. Hang out in someone's room, go out or play some pool.

Tuesday: Hectic day filled with lectures. Two one hour breaks, go eat a panini and contemplate whether to skip the Stats lecture in the afternoon. Half the times, skip it, the other times go in the lecture and wish why you didn't skip it. Because of the hectic day, take the night off and don't do any work. Relax, and play some pool or hang out.

Wednesday: Skip the accounts lecture most of the times, otherwise turn up and then rush back home and start the weeks assignments. As you have the whole day, most days go out somewhere, watch a movie (Orange Wednesday :biggrin:) or attend a public lecture. Do some of the essential reading as well.

Thursday: Lectures and classes, and a mad rush to finish assignments before the weekend so you can take the whole weekend off!!!

Friday: Last class for the week, finish off all the work for the week, so no homeworks are left for the weekend. Go out somewhere, either eat out or go for a movie or something.

Saturday: Go play cricket all day and eat out, get really knackered and take an early night after possibly the best day of the week.

Sunday: Take it easy, do some prelim reading for the upcoming lectures, mostly for the Econ lectures.

This is almost always the schedule, perhaps throw in an extra public lecture here and there. The only time it gets hectic is week 5 and 10 when you have to hand in Problem Sets, essays and other marked work.
If you are worried about a work/life balance, don't be. Its about making the most of university life, and I assure you, that you have enough time to do everything you would really want to do. Just make sure you REALLY want to do it, otherwise you get dragged into doing things that you don't find interesting at all. The first term is an experiment for everyone really but by the 2nd term you get the hang of doing things the right way. I think I am still learning, as I enter my second year in September, but that is how university is. There is no certainty about anything, in a way, that is the fun and the problem with it.
El Mariachi
Where do you play cricket? Is it for the uni team?

St James' Park or Lincoln Inn's fields.

We have a set place every Saturday :p: If the weather is fine, you will find us there :p:
do the parks have nets or do you play on pitches....i am curious as i am a keen cricketer my self
The Sherminator
St James' Park or Lincoln Inn's fields.

We have a set place every Saturday :p: If the weather is fine, you will find us there :p:

So what grade did you get for this year?
The Enchanted Milkman
So what grade did you get for this year?

A first.
The Sherminator
A first.

nice to see the all the hard work payed off :smile:
The Sherminator
A first.

Well done! Is that Michael Carrick in your picture btw? It's been bugging me..
The other Michael :p:
Reply 90
The Sherminator
The other Michael :p:

Owen??
Nabster_88
Owen??

Aye.
Reply 92
During non-exam time:

Pass out at 3, wake up at 10, go out to eat, then do it again.
Reply 93
El Mariachi
Do you love college?

So much so, I wanna go to college for the rest of my life.
nicky_p
During non-exam time:

Pass out at 3, wake up at 10, go out to eat, then do it again.

Lol.

Sometimes you wish you could do this indefinitely :p:
Reply 95
El Mariachi
Sip Banker's Club and drink Miller Lite?

American beer is **** though.

Maybe, but Budweiser, sipped in anticipation with 1000 other people, watching Obama's inauguration in the Tuns in something special. It took on a whole new taste that day...
nicky_p
So much so, I wanna go to college for the rest of my life.

It would be useful if we knew where to get pizza a dollar a slice :p:.
Reply 97
Rated R Superstar
It would be useful if we knew where to get pizza a dollar a slice :p:.

4th Floor Cafe
Reply 98
kashmir.noir
Hahaha. I can finally write in this. Whoop.

A week - Well, I have 8 hours a week. And take, GV101, GV100, IR100 and SA100. One lecture, one class for each course. I have one class on monday, which is at around 1. And a lecture at 4-6. I just get to Uni at around 12 - and work for my Tuesday Classes (reading etc) during all the hours im not in class or in a lecture. Or hang at starbucks, pretending to study.

After my lecture in the early evening, I usually go for a pubic lecture, which there are some ridiculous amounts of. Its difficult sometimes to even find time for them. Go for dinner with friends afterwards, return to the library and pull a 4am-er.

Tuesdays, I could commit suicide on. I have a class from 10-11 then one from 1-2, then a lecture from 3-4 and another class from 5-6. I am always in the library on Tuesdays, finishing reading i really should have done on the weekend, or essays that are due in an hour. Or finishing a presentation. Ugh. Hate tuesdays. But then, after the day is over, im still in the library - finishing the essays I didn't eventually finish doing, and handing it in before 12, so it TECHNICALLY cannot be late.

Then I go out for dinner, or bum around with friends in halls, and pass out cause of lack of sleep.

Wednesdays I have nothing, i sleep in, go for lunch, go shopping, go for drinks, go out.

Same for Thursdays. I have a lecture, but I always bunk it, its 10 am, and i'm always hung over.

Same for Fridays. I have a lecture, but its recorded online. I don't see the point in waking up at 10 am.

Saturdays Ditto.

Sunday, I eventually get to the pile of work, that I should have done.

But this was till, like, week 15 of LSE, after that, my freedays, were spent in the library. Freaking out because,2.2 - 2.1's are depressing to look at, because everyone around you has risen waaay up to like, the 1st mark, leaving you, where you were hung over.

Coming into summer term, i hope that my body doesn't start to reject Red Bull. The Library will be my new home :smile: And bed since its 24hrs.

hi, which course is/was this for?
Reply 99
How does life at LSE compare with life at any other uni. I mean with LSE being so small, not having a real campus, majority of students being postgrads, many of them overseas.. Can you get a proper uni experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending