physics timetable anybody?

Original post by rohana
Aye to this. Physics timetable anyone?

https://cmis.adcom.ucl.ac.uk:4443/timetabling/homePage.do
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61

I have tried to use this web link on every single browser possible, but it fails to work. Could you please upload a screenshot? Also does Coldplay ever perform in UCL? :P
Any NeuSci's or atleast biological sciences? :tongue:
Original post by Briannner
Economics first year?

The timetable is quite lax. It averages about one to two hours per day in terms of lectures and then you may have a one hour tutorial however my thursdays are terrible, we have four hours in a row (9am to 1pm) which is very difficult becuase you lose focus after the first two hours, it doesn't help that the first class is econometrics followed by math and then on alternative weeks I also have a tutorial at 5.
We have coursework submissions almost every week. In the first term we had three coursework submissions each week. In this term it alternates, this week we have three coursework submissions for math, macro and econometrics so it's quite hard to manage especially since we all have our macro exam next week as well.
Most of us do go out quite often, in the first term I frequented Moonies and Proud. This term I've decided that I despise Moonies and just go to random clubs around London. I think that most economics freshers spend a lot more time with their hall friends than other economics students. I've heard that we get closer in the second year? We'll see...I think that there is a flaw in the system because we are quite a big class around 250? And we rarely have any events for us so if we did we could get to know each other much better. Maybe things will be different for you.
Reply 64
As the second term's almost over, i'm going to add some information regarding my timetable:

Monday:
9.00-9.50 - Spanish Grammar
11.00-12.40 - Arabic Language
3.00-4.00 - tutoring maths at school
7.00-9.00 - Comedy Club rehearsal

Tuesday:
7.00 pm - 9.00 pm - jazz choir rehearsal

Wednesday:
1.00-2.40 - Arabic Language

Thursday:
12.00-12.50 - Spanish Oral
4.00-4.50 - Spanish Prose
7.00-9.00 - Concert Band rehearsal

Friday:
1.00-2.00 - Persian class
2.00-3.40 - Language, Culture, Representation
Reply 65
physics first year? what is contact time, workload and help like
same question for maths first year?

Im thinking of changing from maths to physics but heard the maths department at ucl is poor which put me off.

Also what is maths with mathematical physics course like? best of both worlds or not
English first year?
Biological sciences, first year.
(first term)
Monday:
Biochemistry and molecular biology 11-12
Later in the term had Life on Earth practicals 2-4
Tuesday:
9-11 Quantitative Biology
11-1 Chemistry for Biologists
Wednesday:
Life On Earth 12-1
Biochemistry practicals 2-5
Thursday:
Chemistry for Biologists 9-11
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 11-12
Chemistry practicals 2-4 or 2-6 depending on organic/inorganic
Friday:
Life on earth 9-10

(second term)
Monday
Microbiology labs 2-5
Cell Biology 5-6
Tuesday
Microbiology 10-11
Chemistry for Biologists 11-1
Genetics tutorials 2-3 (every other week)
Wednesday
Introduction to Genetics 12-1
Thursday
Chemistry for Biologists 9-11
Cell Biology 11-12
Friday
Introduction to Genetics 10-11
Microbiology 11-1

As far as I know this is pretty standard for Biology, Biochem etc, except for a couple of modules.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68
Neuroscience, anybody? :bigsmile:
Reply 69
Original post by Neuronica
Neuroscience, anybody? :bigsmile:

YES please... MSc NEUROSCIENCE :smile:
anyone from coming Msc Clinical Neuroscience
Reply 71
Hi : MPhil (PhD 1st year) in Anthropology ?
Anything for History?
Reply 73
Anyone got one for History and Philosphy of Science first year please?
Original post by La Songeuse
Sums it up :wink:

My timetable as a first year law fresher was:

Monday:
10 - 11am: Contract tutorial (had this every other week)
11 - 1pm: Property lecture from hell (attendance understandably decreased gradually during the year)
2 - 3pm: Public law lecture
3 - 4pm: Property tutorial (again had this every other week)

Monday night = Moonies... if you can survive the waking up for contract on tuesday.

Tuesday:
9 - 11am: Contract lecture (i.e. half the law fresher either a) turned up because they were crazy, b) skived, went to Moonies on monday night and didn't wake up on time, c) turned up to the lecture, woo, fell asleep at the back)

2 - 3pm: Public law lecture

Tuesday afternoons I'd be doing Public law work for tutorial on thursday

Tuesday night = jazz jammin in the union!

Wednesday:
11 - 12pm: World Legal Orders lecture

Wednesday afternoons I'd probably do the WLO work for the tutorial on friday.

Thursday:
11 - 1pm: World Legal Orders lecture (why we needed 3 hours a week of WLO I don't know)

1 - 2pm: Public Law tutorial (again, had this every other week)

Club neon is always on a thursday, so I went to all the club neons this year :smile: messy, crowded and fun with face paint & glow sticks.

Friday:
12 - 1pm: World Legal Orders tutorial (every other week)

Saturday:
During the day I'd usually be doing the property tutorial work... sleeping, watching TV, catching up with friends etc etc

Sunday:
During the day, I might be found doing the property reading for the lecture (then again maybe not... I found out that most of the time the reading is essential, but pointless because some of the cases don't make sense, and the lecturer explained them in the lecture)

Fit into the timetable random things like... going to the Welcome Trust thing on a whim, being sucked into the Scientology place, going to ICCOS for lunch at the weekend, other clubbing events like Pacha, and you have a fairly average timetable for a law fresher. Some people did more work than I did, some people went out more and did less work... :smile:

Can any current UCL law students enlighten me as to whether or not this is still accurate?
Original post by Shylerdacreator
Can any current UCL law students enlighten me as to whether or not this is still accurate?

We don't have World Legal Orders lecture...we get 2 hours of lecture a week for each module (Public law, Contract, Criminal Law, Property Law I), and 1 hour of tutorial time for each module every 2 weeks, so if you're doing straight law depending on how your tutorials are allocated you get 10-11 hours' contact time a week.

I'm currently just finishing my first year btw :smile:
Physics anyone?

Did you all buy all the books on your recommended reading list? I'm starting uni in UCL this september hopefully, and I didn't think about it until just now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samanthawillis
Physics anyone?

Did you all buy all the books on your recommended reading list? I'm starting uni in UCL this september hopefully, and I didn't think about it until just now.

Often lecturers will give 2-3 book suggestions per module so it can cost a bit. You may just want to use the library
Has anyone got one for maths? UCL is my firm and I've heard the department is not so great so I a bit worried.
Oh alright so it's not something I need to worry about until I've started the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending