The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

A Week in the Life: UCL edition

Heh! Why's no one replying? :frown: I'm really curious about the results.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Woke up fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head..

Oh wait sorry a week in the life.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I kind of hope that people would have better things to do, as well as realise that they all do things differently so... the value of such a thing is... small?
Reply 3
Athena
Hello folks,

We're trying to build the wiki content on what it's really like being a student at a particular university, and I thought it would be interesting to produce a page based on the current university experiences of students at UCL.

Here's the page for Oxford - as you can see, some of the "weeks" are more serious/studious than others! If you feel like doing a brief (or in-depth) account of a typical week in your subject, put it in this thread, listing your course name and what year of the course your week is typical with.

I'll contribute.
I'll give it a go once my exams are over!
Reply 5
waiting for the article :biggrin:
Reply 6
Surely, bar Oxbridge, these things are largely the same for every uni, Do enough Work (optional), Drink enough Alcohol, possibly fit in a job somewhere?
Ally-Beal
Surely, bar Oxbridge, these things are largely the same for every uni, Do enough Work (optional), Drink enough Alcohol, possibly fit in a job somewhere?

You're probably right but it sounds like a fun thing to write about :p:
Reply 8
Sounds useful to me, although this might be rather subject specific?
Put me down for law. I'll start it as soon as my exams end :smile:
Reply 10
Athena
Precisely - so the profiles are by subject. The more people who contribute, the better an idea you get of what it's like to do a science or an arts subject, a language or a humanity, etc.

Ahh I see, should have read the whole thread first eh :smile:
Dr.Funk you might be interested to read about my jazz society exploits :smile:
i won't mind doing one for SSEES and maybe one for volunteering and careers. although i might develop amnesia and forget all about it...

when they have to be in? or do we just whack them onto here?
oh yeah!! I forgot about this. I'll get to work :smile:
Umm... mine ended up being quite long :p: What's the word limit?
Reply 15
Athena
Hello folks,

We're trying to build the wiki content on what it's really like being a student at a particular university, and I thought it would be interesting to produce a page based on the current university experiences of students at UCL.

Here's the page for Oxford - as you can see, some of the "weeks" are more serious/studious than others! If you feel like doing a brief (or in-depth) account of a typical week in your subject, put it in this thread, listing your course name and what year of the course your week is typical with.

Will I get money for endowing your company with original material that enhances your website, thus bringing you more users and raising the value of the advertising space that you sell?
Reply 16
ill do one for econ, but only if i can talk about the times i lie huddled up in a corner, crying myself to sleep because the course is slowly draining every ounce of determination I have, slowly killing us all.
Reply 17
Crazster
ill do one for econ, but only if i can talk about the times i lie huddled up in a corner, crying myself to sleep because the course is slowly draining every ounce of determination I have, slowly killing us all.

Oh God, thats me doing econ. Should I change my mind before it's too late?!
Nah, he works too hard!
Reply 19
DredgeReformist
Nah, he works too hard!

enlighten him to your exam prep :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending