The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 1
Ring up and ask again and say this.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
benallen
Hey, I'm goin to Man Met in Sept and wanted to go to Ownes Park which is a Uni of Manchester halls. Some of my friends who went to man met got into owens park. But when I asked at the Uni of Man accommodation office they said there was no chance.

I'm just wonderin if it's worth waitin until someone leaves?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

To be honest, they have to wait to get their numbers first. If you ring again in a few weeks time, you may get a better answer. But you will get stick and you won't be able to use the computer clusters. (Just letting you know)
Reply 3
Why would you want to go to Owen's Park? It's like some kind of god forsaken hell hole.
When I went to Kent uni visit day (I recognise it's a different uni) apparently if you really wanted to get into the really nice accomm but they relegate you out of it to somewhere else, then you should ring up and kick up a massive fuss and apparently they eventually cave-in and let you have it. Not sure how true this is it was just something one of the students that was taking me round mentioned.

By the way my name is Owen, I'd like to think the accomm was named after me :angel: but I somehow doubt it. :frown: :biggrin: There's also an Owen Building (it's for medical students) at the Park Campus in the University of Gloucestershire, I live just up the road, (not attending the uni - still in 6th form for the moment), and see the sign everyday. :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending