The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Depends, we're normally in bed until later on, but people don't go home all the time
University of York
York
Reply 2
Campus is deserted, but that's because all the people who live off campus have no reason to go there, and those who live on campus have no reason to wander round randomly.

Saturday's are where block and house parties are at :smile:
In first year I loved the weekends, I don't know what you're talking about. :confused: Those are the times to have block parties and go bowling and quasar at clifton moor and play college sport.. the accomodation isn't deserted at all, it's just the lecture halls that are empty. Vanbrugh College sometimes holds its 'planet v' event on saturday evenings and there are wentworth comedy nights on sundays sometimes, so there is organised things to do too.

Now I'm a 2nd year I don't go onto campus at weekends though. I assume that this year's first years still do the same sorts of things I did.. I'd be surprised if everyone went home all the time. Where did you hear that?
Reply 4
well when i was on a tour of the uni i asked if it did and the boy showing me round said "last weekend i was alone on my corridor" also the alternative uni guides and stuff use words like "deathly silence" at the weekends
You're going to have only 1/3 (roughly) of the students on campus at the weekends compared to during the week, as 2nd and 3rd years will only go to use the library/sports really. And then as students you spend a lot of it sleeping til the afternoon lol. There are still people around in the accommodation so it's not empty, just not as many ppl wandering around (as they're likely to be in their halls/in town/somewhere else)

It depends on the people and time of term - ppl may visit friends/home, or if it's the hols then not many ppl stick around

Latest