The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't panic. I'm the same though - I worry about what others do. But different people work in different ways, and it's still possible to do well (regardless of how you did previously) if that's the kind of learner that you are. Don't stress. However, do stick to what you're saying - don't say you'll start tomorrow and then put it off, because it won't help.
Reply 2
I know, got into this awful feeling that its so late to start revising now that I might as well not bother! Feeling of despair :frown:
Reply 3
I only did one day of revision over the two week holidays - I had a revision timetable and everything but after my birthday came I was lost in all the dvds and holiday stuff.
And now that I'm back at college I'm panicking!
My first exam is May 15th!
Reply 4
Yep, I know the exact feeling. It's not at all though - not, like I said, if that's how you learn. There's no point saying you should've started earlier when there's not a thing you can do about it. Besides, what's to say you'd have made any progress then? You'll probably do a lot better now because you're more focused. It's very easy to just leave it, but don't.
I guess I'm lazy by nature, but I work best when I've got a tight deadline. I procrastinate a lot, so when zero hour is approaching, I have to just get on with it.

I think the extent of the task ahead of me hasn't quite sunk in yet (4 clashes this "exam season"!) - maybe you're the same...:smile:
Reply 6
i havn't started revision propperly yet and i have my first exam on the 15th of May!
But somehow i'll be ok, think positively and use this late start as motivation to do more. Usually i tend to revise better under pressure, which isn't a good thing but it works, lol.
Reply 7
i'm pretty much the same. i'm just doing the old int 2s and SGs tho. mind you, mine start earlier. my first exam is a fortnight tomorrow! nervous much?!!
Reply 8
Last year I started revising 3 days before each exam and got AAAAB. Now obviously not everyone's the same, but don't worry about it! And those people are probably lying!
Yep, I should start right about...........now.

:biggrin:
Reply 10
Yerp. I've not properly started yet.

I have the motivation I need to revise english tho. (Just got an offer for a college course and it is "prefered" if I pass english, but its not necessary cause I could resit it at the college.) So I think I have my motivation. I think I've left it too late to try and aim for an A though. I know I would have been capable of it if I just revised when I needed to. I feel so stupid now. I just have no idea how to revise anything. :s-smilie:
I am completely and utterly screwed.
Reply 11
I haven't started properly yet, did a bit on Sunday lol.
Reply 12
Suzee
Yerp. I've not properly started yet.

I have the motivation I need to revise english tho. (Just got an offer for a college course and it is "prefered" if I pass english, but its not necessary cause I could resit it at the college.) So I think I have my motivation. I think I've left it too late to try and aim for an A though. I know I would have been capable of it if I just revised when I needed to. I feel so stupid now. I just have no idea how to revise anything. :s-smilie:
I am completely and utterly screwed.

Good luck I'm sure you'll get the A! How you finding graphic communication? my friend took it and says its a nightmare, she's spent pretty much every lunchtime doing some grammatic thing.. ( i don't understand it, never taken the subject!)
Oh god I havn't revised much either =S
My first exams on the 15th.
I haven't either. I started doing a bit then fell ill and i have just not got back into the swing of things.
Less than three weeks :frown:
I hate trying to stuff al this crap into my brain :frown:

I'm just annoyed right now because I'm swithering over whether to change to AH maths because I've gota lot better at math in the last month and a lot worse in Higher computing
Do the one you enjoy more, there's no point doing something that you are good at but will hate.
I hate computing, despise it really, I hate the teacher that would be taking me as well. Whereas my Math teacher is brilliant and I know I'd get soooo much more support from him if I were to take Maths. Plus the thought of the massive programming project in Computing is freaking me out because I think it's beyond my capabilitys
I would pick maths then, assuming you enjoy it. If you don't it'd probably more worthwhile doing a new higher instead. If you hate computing and the teacher though there is little point taking it next year unless you are a masochist :P

Latest

Trending

Trending