The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
DD (90 cred) = 180 UCAS points
MMM (Ext. Dip) = 240 UCAS points

Your overall grade would depend on how many pass, merits and distinctions you get overall from all 180 credits and what value each unit is worth, all this can be found on the BTEC website
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
What if you got a DPP?
Original post by hneedh1
What if you got a DPP?

You can't for a single subject.
Original post by horanator
Going from the way that my college BTEC National Diploma course works, that is right, and D*D*D* would be A* :smile:

The post was from 2008 when the system was different - a national diploma was equivalent to 3 A levels and the D* didn't exist.
Reply 24
NVQ Level 2 and 3 are what grades equivalent to ??
What would I need in pass, merit and distinction to get a B,B to apply for my course at college ??
What does *** mean?
Reply 27
DD counts as 20 ucas points
Original post by yt7777
BTEC has a direct equivalent to A levels, for easy comparison, although I personally think BTEC is better than A levels. the equivalences are as follows:

D* = A*
D = A
M = C
P = E

DDM = AAC = 320 UCAS PTS

DDM is AAB.
Reply 30
Original post by Maggie12345
DDM is AAB.

No its not, DDM = AAC
Reply 31
Original post by louishidalgo19
hi, im just wondering if a DD in the 90 credit diploma in sport equal to a MMM overrall if you were to get all passes on the 2nd year course, which is the extended diploma?

So if I pass with 85% is D or M?
Reply 32
Grade PPP can't be EEE its got to be DDD because E in any sort of course is below a pass which is D not E
Reply 33
Original post by 609783
Grade PPP can't be EEE its got to be DDD because E in any sort of course is below a pass which is D not E

This makes no sense.

E is the lowest grade you can achieve at A level which is still a pass. A P (pass) in BTEC is equivalent to an E, both weighted at 16 UCAS points. So EEE = 48 and PPP = 48. See below.

https://www.ucas.com/file/63541/download?token=uz826-Cb (Pages: 9, 14, 15)
Reply 34
no thats not what I'm saying.

I'm doing a BTEC national public services level 3 extended diploma course and from what I heard if you get 3 Passes (PPP), its equivalent to a grade E, 3 merits (MMM) being a grade C, DDD being a grade B/A and D*D*D* being a grade A/A*,

is this correct?
Original post by yt7777
This makes no sense.

E is the lowest grade you can achieve at A level which is still a pass. A P (pass) in BTEC is equivalent to an E, both weighted at 16 UCAS points. So EEE = 48 and PPP = 48. See below.

https://www.ucas.com/file/63541/download?token=uz826-Cb (Pages: 9, 14, 15)
Reply 35
Original post by 609783
no thats not what i'm saying.

I'm doing a btec national public services level 3 extended diploma course and from what i heard if you get 3 passes (ppp), its equivalent to a grade e, 3 merits (mmm) being a grade c, ddd being a grade b/a and d*d*d* being a grade a/a*,

is this correct?

PPP is equivalent to 3 E grades at A level. As an Extended diploma is equivalent to 3 A levels, if you were doing a Subsidiary diploma then that would be worth 1 A level equivalent and a P grade would be an E. It would be worth you looking up the different size BTEC qualifications to properly understand how they work.

For the Extended diploma the following are the equivalents:

D*D*D* =A*A*A*
D*D*D = A*A*A
D*DD = A*AA
DDD = AAA
DDM = AAC
DMM = ACC
MMM = CCC
MMP = CCE
MPP = CEE
PPP = EEE
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 36
thanks for the recent reply,

do you think that the 3 Passes in the BTEC nationals should be all grade D's rather than E's like its kinda stupid how they have created the grading system
Original post by yt7777
PPP is equivalent to 3 E grades at A level. As an Extended diploma is equivalent to 3 A levels, if you were doing a Subsidiary diploma then that would be worth 1 A level equivalent and a P grade would be an E. It would be worth you looking up the different size BTEC qualifications to properly understand how they work.

For the Extended diploma the following are the equivalents:

D*D*D* =A*A*A*
D*D*D = A*A*A
D*DD = A*AA
DDD = AAA
DDM = AAC
DMM = ACC
MMM = CCC
MMP = CCE
MPP = CEE
PPP = EEE
Reply 37
I think that would only work if they changed the criteria to get PPP to make it harder to obtain.

I think currently, what it takes to get PPP isn't the same as 3 D grades at A level, which is why a P is equivalent to an E grade, which is about right in terms of effort and difficulty.

They could bring in more grades to the BTEC qualifications to account for D and B grade equivalents, but I think its unlikely that they will.
Original post by 609783
thanks for the recent reply,

do you think that the 3 Passes in the BTEC nationals should be all grade D's rather than E's like its kinda stupid how they have created the grading system
Reply 38
What if you get at distinction in all your coursework but a pass in your written exam, what will your overall grade be?
Original post by Jenn2b
What if you get at distinction in all your coursework but a pass in your written exam, what will your overall grade be?

It depends on the weighting of the individual units, but probably a D.

Latest

Trending

Trending