The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Comment était l'examen? :smile:
Reply 21
~*starlight*conquest*~
Heya! I'm fluent in french, so I decided to do the french exams fast track without taking any lessons. It's been fine so far, got 2 A's in Unit 1 and 2, but now I have to prepare for the Unit 3 and 4 orals. The thing is, I have no idea what's demanded, or what structure my topic presentation/disscussion is supposed to have. I want to do my Unit 3 oral on Marie Curie, and I havent decided yet for Unit 4.

Seeing as I don't take any lessons, I haven't had any practice, and I don't have a teacher to ask. I think the orals are in 2 weeks, and the mocks next week...help?

Hello! I do Edexcel A2 French, and just did my oral yesterday.
Even if you are fluent, it is a good idea to practice with someone. Half of my class is French- but still needed practice with a teacher- so ask a teacher if he/she can fit you in for a go.

Unit 4 (A2) comprises 3 units: The first is a debate, and the other 2 are discussions on issues linked to the debate. Each unit lasts 5 minutes. I would advise you to choose (for the debate) a contrversial issue linked to today, such as the death penalty, climate change, policies....and you will have to introduce it for 1 minute of the 5.

Unit 3 (AS) is just one topic: So you're thinking of Marie Curie, then split it into sub suctions. Talk about her biography/ her scientific developments/ the context around her developments like the society/, etc.
So you will have 1 minute to introduce it, and around 10 minutes to answer questions on the various sub sections.

Oh, and are you getting an external examiner? Because an external examiner chooses at random what you will discuss, which can be a bit worrying- whereas a teacher knows already as you will have discussed this prior to doing the exam.

Hope this helps :smile:
i am totally going to die today
got my oral today :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending