The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
:redface: I think my teacher did milk it a bit. lol.
lol our teachers were like "you have 4 weeks for coursework. so do it"

I put it off for a bt then figured i shoudl probably get started. So are you taking PYA4 and 5 in summer?
Reply 22
No just PYA5. I did module 4 in January and got a B. I need an A in Psychology but there was no way I was going to sit through module 4 again so I'm going to resit module 1 and 3 to try and get my grade up a bit more :smile:
NickyP
No just PYA5. I did module 4 in January and got a B. I need an A in Psychology but there was no way I was going to sit through module 4 again so I'm going to resit module 1 and 3 to try and get my grade up a bit more :smile:

fair enough. Do you have the snazzy ums calculator pcock was sending round?
Reply 24
oo no, what's that?
serches...
Reply 26
Oh wow thanks, that's great! I think I'll be having a little play with it now to see how badly I'm failing :wink: haha.
Im sure you'll be fine.
Reply 28
Thanks, I think I will be if I do okay in the module 3 resit. What grade are you hoping for?
Reply 29
Im trynig to use the UMS calculator, so i was wondering, i have a coursework score of 54/60 what does that equate to in terms of UMS??
Reply 30
clallen2
Im trynig to use the UMS calculator, so i was wondering, i have a coursework score of 54/60 what does that equate to in terms of UMS??

54 is 81 UMS points :smile: (well done by the way!)
Reply 31
thank you!! :smile:
i'm hoping for an A. I need 41 more ums to get it.. i'll be disappointed if I don't
Reply 33
Wow, you must have done really well in your other modules if you only need 41 more UMS points :O
78, 97, 100 as
83, 81 a2
NickyP
I don't think it's fair is that Module 5 carries so many UMS points and it's easily the hardest module :frown:

What topics have you studied/are you studying for PYA5?
I think with the exception of Psychopathology, Approaches and Ethics are really easy (I've studied those).
Reply 36
ChrisTheRockGod
What topics have you studied/are you studying for PYA5?
I think with the exception of Psychopathology, Approaches and Ethics are really easy (I've studied those).

I'm doing the same as you :smile: Are you doing OCD, Depression and Schizophrenia for psychopathology? Approaches should be okay, I'm not too sure about the issues part though (I'm doing ethics, non-human animals, gender and culture).
NickyP
I'm doing the same as you :smile: Are you doing OCD, Depression and Schizophrenia for psychopathology? Approaches should be okay, I'm not too sure about the issues part though (I'm doing ethics, non-human animals, gender and culture).

Ah yeah, only I've done Phobias for anxiety, not OCD.
There are a lot of statistics and figures to remember for psychopathology, e.g. concordance rates.
I still think it's PYA4 that'll be the stinger though.
I would hate to be doing both at the same time. I was up at 4.30am the morning of PYA4 in january, finishing off my bio-rhythms revision, thank god i did, what should come up but nature of dreams.

PYA5 we're not doing issues we're doing debates and it's awful. I'm temped to self teach issues and see what thats like instead
Reply 39
ChrisTheRockGod
Ah yeah, only I've done Phobias for anxiety, not OCD.
There are a lot of statistics and figures to remember for psychopathology, e.g. concordance rates.
I still think it's PYA4 that'll be the stinger though.

I did PYA4 in January, and it's by far the worst module. There's so much to learn for it! I wouldn't resit it if you paid me!

Latest