The Student Room Group

Building Society Roll Number

Does anyone happen to know what one of these is?
Reply 1
On that section of the student finance application form, which I assume you are referring to, you EITHER put down your bank account number (if your account is with a bank, which it probably is - this will be written on your cheque book or a statement) or you put your building society roll number down (if your account is with a building society, which it probabily isn't).
Reply 2
nah its actually a graduate loan app for a job! ive put down my building society account no, sort code, etc. Im just unsure of where to find the roll number?
Reply 3
Are you definately with a building society, and not a bank? If you are, then it should list it somewhere on your account details. If not, just ring up your building society to ask. Roll numbers are quite outdated though, so they might not even have one, so you can probably get away with leaving it blank if you've already provided your account number and sort code. Ring your bank anyway though, to double check.
Reply 4
I have both, a bank account number (and sort code) and a roll number. I'm with Halifax, who used to be a building society before they demutualised and turned into a bank. Seems that they still use both systems in parallel. I just put it all down.
If you've got the sort code AND account number, you'll be fine - that's enough to uniquely identify your account. The roll number is an alternative that you'll sometimes have, but you shouldn't need to worry about not having one, or knowing what yours is.
Reply 6
thanks chaps for all the help! I found a previous post online saying nationwide doesnt have a roll number,so im just going to leave it blank as suggested.
Reply 7
Im with halifax and have two accounts at the moment does that mean i have two roll numbers or just the one?

i sent it away blank but they sent it back to me seems they want it

helps
Im with Halifax i entered my account number and sort code into that damn section of the student finance page i dont have a roll number and it wont let me continue damn it
Reply 9
Hi I'm with NatWest and have a form asking for this building society roll number too.Can i leave it blank?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending