Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cost of a car re-spray?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Myths and facts on Student Finance - on TSR from 2pm! 15-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I pass my test, Im sharing my car with my mum. It'll be a small car like a fiesta or a corsa etc. Well anyway, Im hoping to get it resprayed, bodykit etc. Does anyone know roughly how much a half decent respray in a totally different colour will be? Im hoping to do it pink xxx thanks alot!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    for a decent job, not just a "blow over" or overspray, you're looking at several thousand pounds.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know its going to be alot, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had their car done, and how much it cost them etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get your coat. We wont be held responsible for the chavvy monstrosity that would result.

But you could be looking at well over 1000 to have the car stripped and professionally resprayed. Plus it WILL make the car virtually unsellable.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Catbert)
    Get your coat. We wont be held responsible for the chavvy monstrosity that would result.

true.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

But you could be looking at well over 1000 to have the car stripped and professionally resprayed. Plus it WILL make the car virtually unsellable.
    I disagree.

Isn't calling something 'chavvy' and worrying about being a 'chav' a bit high-school?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piglet_x)
    I disagree.

Isn't calling something 'chavvy' and worrying about being a 'chav' a bit high-school?
    I'm not sure that "chavvy" was the key word... more "monstrosity"

Bodykits more often than not, especially on corsas = monstrosity

If you really want a pink corsa... buy one, it'll be cheaper than respraying one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, If I see a bodykitted car, let alone a pink bodykitted one... Then I immediately know its chavvy, even if the queen was driving it.

Seriously though, if you do that, it will be virtually unsellable. If its a modern car, you will probably halve the value, if its a banger, you will struggle to give it away!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess yeah. I dont necessarily want a corsa, I was just giving an indication of size. I have seen some pink ones for sale, but I wanted the satisfaction of knowing I have done the car up myself, rather than cheating and having bought it like that, if you know what I mean.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There would also be castraphic effects on you car insurance if you start putting on stupid body kits which will just do nothing than add extra weight to an already underpowered car. While you're at it why not slow things down further by adding a fat bore exhuast and upset the compression?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, If I see a bodykitted car, let alone a pink bodykitted one... Then I immediately know its chavvy, even if the queen was driving it.

Seriously though, if you do that, it will be virtually unsellable. If its a modern car, you will probably halve the value, if its a banger, you will struggle to give it away!
    Compare prices of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-FORD-KA-P...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-52-FORD-K...QQcmdZViewItem
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    There would also be castraphic effects on you car insurance if you start putting on stupid body kits which will just do nothing than add extra weight to an already underpowered car. While you're at it why not slow things down further by adding a fat bore exhuast and upset the compression?
    Are you bitter? Do you have a horrible car?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i feel ill
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The black one has done twice the mileage though...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piglet_x)
    Are you bitter? Do you have a horrible car?
    I have a simple unmodified car, it is original as Ford intended. As a result it has the power to weight ratio Ford intended, the insurance companies won't refuse to pay out, and I won't get laughed at!

Am sorry but these chavs no nothing about cars, if you have a 1.1 litre engine then all putting a body kit is going do it slow it down a lot. The same goes for these silly exhausts it actually causes you to loose power.

Now would you excuse me, I have some throwing up to do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still, if a pink car was unsellable, it wouldn't get to over a grand would it.

Is anyone going to actually answer my question?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Am sorry but these chavs no nothing about cars.

*know
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    between 250 and 2500, or as high as 11,000 depending on the condition of the metal work underneath the paint, the quality of the paint job, the type of paint used and whther you want them to fit the bodykit for you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that pink one just made me throw up a little bit.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know you liked it really.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.