The Student Room Group

Cost of a car re-spray?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have a renault clio, i love it...i dont get these body kits? What i don't get is that people actually think they look good.

when i see a guy with a body kit i think:

Overcompensating for his small

Plus you get laughed at....
Now imagine it in pink, people will think you are a low class prostitute.
Reply 22
Mr Catbert
Now imagine it in pink, people will think you are a low class prostitute.

LOLOL
Reply 23
:frown:
I think it's better you go for pearlescent car paint to get the pink you're looking for rather than get straight pink paint. Blending the right colours produces the same pink you're looking for without standing out like a sore thumb TOO much. You're looking at £1,000 upwards depending on the quality.

As for bodykits, not everyone gets them because they look good, they lower the suspension on the car, tweak it, make it lighter and make a really bad 1.2 litre move much more quickly.

For me the worse the car the more modding needed.
Reply 25
I saw this car once and it was a pink and blue flip paint and that really looked nice.
Reply 26
oh god, there's a girl that has a pink KA at work. she's resprayed and added massive silver spoiler front and back and UGHH other stuff as well. It's disgusting and a complete and utter ****ing monstrosity. Everyone says it. Yeah she could probably sell it and by that I mean pay someone to take that off her hands. I've seen customers stop and take pictures of it, that's how **** off URGH it is
Afro Samurai

As for bodykits, not everyone gets them because they look good, they lower the suspension on the car, tweak it, make it lighter and make a really bad 1.2 litre move much more quickly.

please tell me you're joking?

a bodykit lowers the suspension?

nope, lowering the suspension lowers the suspension

a bodykit makes the car lighter?

you having a larf? not only do they generally add weight, they also have the aerodynamics of a concrete tower block.

why would you want to invest that much money in a "really bad 1.2 litre"?
ragman_wonder
please tell me you're joking?

a bodykit lowers the suspension?

nope, lowering the suspension lowers the suspension

a bodykit makes the car lighter?

you having a larf? not only do they generally add weight, they also have the aerodynamics of a concrete tower block.

why would you want to invest that much money in a "really bad 1.2 litre"?

Jam man. Typo. I mean modding, I have a knack of typing things that are in my mind before I actually mean to.

Jam.
Reply 29
Piglet_x
When I pass my test, Im sharing my car with my mum. It'll be a small car like a fiesta or a corsa etc. Well anyway, Im hoping to get it resprayed, bodykit etc. Does anyone know roughly how much a half decent respray in a totally different colour will be? Im hoping to do it pink xxx thanks alot!

Hi Piglet,

A straightforward decent respray is around £1500-£2000, it will be more if you also want the doorshuts, inside hatch, under bonnet and engine bay done to suit the change of colour.

You will also need to add in the cost of purchasing and prepping the bodykit. I would also suggest taking into account the bodykit will increase your insurance premiums.
Afro Samurai
Jam man. Typo. I mean modding, I have a knack of typing things that are in my mind before I actually mean to.

Jam.

fair play, but still, i dont understand why you would want to throw money at a 1.2 litre car when you could buy a much better one.
I cant see how people don't realise that they'll just get laughed at by almost every other driver on the road. But fairplay if it makes you happy....
Reply 32
Hideous, not a good idea. But it's your choice.
Reply 33
No one ever gets a result when asking about car body modification on this forum...

I have to admit myself that cars have to be tastefully and subtly modified for me to turn my head.
Reply 34
I'll give her some good advice. As you were considering screw the re-spray and you mentuined corsa? I've seen metallic pink corsa comforts around. They look pretty nice!
Oh god no, what the hell did they do to that Ka!?

They're amazing cars, that's why 4 of us at school have them, but that eyesore... You actually want something that looks like that?
Reply 36
Pookie
Hi Piglet,

A straightforward decent respray is around £1500-£2000, it will be more if you also want the doorshuts, inside hatch, under bonnet and engine bay done to suit the change of colour.

You will also need to add in the cost of purchasing and prepping the bodykit. I would also suggest taking into account the bodykit will increase your insurance premiums.

Agreed,

I had part of my car re-sprayed and it costs the earth, it was just the rear quarter and with panel that cost £2500. The majority of that was paint.

Car paint is seriously expensive, not trying to put you off or anything (I actually don't care what people do to their cars!) but you are going to be looking at thousands of pounds rather than simply hundreds.

In other words, you will pay more than the car is worth to get it resprayed professionally.
Car paint can be £500 per gallon
Piglet_x
When I pass my test, Im sharing my car with my mum. It'll be a small car like a fiesta or a corsa etc. Well anyway, Im hoping to get it resprayed, bodykit etc. Does anyone know roughly how much a half decent respray in a totally different colour will be? Im hoping to do it pink xxx thanks alot!

Are you joking!?

First and foremost, if you were to spray it properly you would have to strip it to its bare shell, then spray inside and out, and tell the DVLA that the colour had changed so you can get a new V5. Secondly, PINK would reduce the value of the car to almost nothing. If GREEN is said to lower the value of a car (say a BMW) by £2000 + when compared to the same car in black, a Pink fiesta or corsa would be worthless.

Why don't you just put a body kit on it like it is? Is the paint in bad condition or did you just fancy a colour change.

My old man has a garage/bodyshop and he says it would run into thousands - the respray in fact would probably cost more than the car would be worth.

P.s. would your mum really want to share a pink car? :rolleyes:
I'll do it for £100.

Don't bother with it.

Buy an already painted car, or just buy one and don't modify it, you will NOT get teh money back you spent on a bodykit.

Yes, it is chavvy, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending