The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What did you reckon the poem was about? I thought it was some woman who was pissed off about light pollution and how unnatural it is.
Yeah, I thought that too, but also about how man is trying to be better than nature, I think I did badly though.

Afterwards some people were saying "Oh, it's 'cos she's American, so London really is an alien city, she said sidewalk not pavement" I didn't pick up on this, but they're probably right.
Reply 22
steffi.alexa
Yeah, I thought that too, but also about how man is trying to be better than nature, I think I did badly though.

Afterwards some people were saying "Oh, it's 'cos she's American, so London really is an alien city, she said sidewalk not pavement" I didn't pick up on this, but they're probably right.

The fact that she is American is a really good comment, I didn't see that either. I wrote that a person may feel lost, but wherever they are, they could always find the moon, identify it and connect with it.
i thought the poem was about industrial pollution lol... but quite a few people in my class thought it was about loneliness, which is why london was described as "alien" :s-smilie:

Latest