The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Are far as I can tell, there are quite a few yes. Probably not as much as say London, or Oxford I imagine. But it seems like a nice atmosphere for internationals.
missgalaxy
so?

There are lots of people from outside Britain. Like me, from Ireland (the Occupied Territories in the north east of the country). I know many other people from the same area and I doubt any of us would appreciate your question.

That aside, yes... I met a Tamil guy, a half Tamil/half Chinese girl, a Norwegian, a Pole, a Lithuanian, and a German yesterday - not to mention the loads of Chinese people doing medicine with me. Cambridge (well at least Girton) is a tolerant multi-ethnic society and I find it very friendly and welcoming.
Reply 3
^^^ I may be ignorant, but what /where is Tamil...?
Reply 4
crazydaveuk
^^^ I may be ignorant, but what /where is Tamil...?

I think people from Sri Lanka are Tamil; they certainly speak it there. I think.
Reply 5
gringalet
I think people from Sri Lanka are Tamil; they certainly speak it there. I think.

seconded

i've met loads of internationals here

*sneeze*

*sniffle*
Reply 6
gringalet

The majority of people from Sri Lanka are Sinhalese and they speak the Sinhala language. There is a small minority of Tamil people who live there too and they speak the Tamil language. Among these Tamils, are a small group of disidents known as the LTTE and they are the "original" terrorists who are fighting to divide the country and have a separate state. The south Indian state of Tamil Nadu also have many Tamil speaking people.

Latest

Trending

Trending