The Student Room Group

A Level Advice

I have been having some health problems recently (I don't really want to go into details) which causes me to feel dizzy, nauseous and give me an instant headache which I will have for the rest of the day if it happens.

This is a total nightmare for me as I wanted to go to high school this year to do A Levels but these symptoms can really affect my concentration and performance. :frown: This means that I have had to look into alternatives - such as distance learning, which I think would help as you can do this at your own pace.

I have looked around but most of the A Levels I have found through distance learning websites have cost at least £300 and it’s a bit too much. :s-smilie: Is there any way I can get help paying for these or is there anywhere that offers them at low cost? Or is there another alternative? I'm still under 19 if that helps.

If anyone can offer any advice or suggestions I would be really grateful. Thanks. :smile:
Go onto a government education site and see if ur eligible to get EMA for distance learning as that goes from £10 up to £30 a week depending on the home owners profits
Reply 2
Thanks for the suggestion but I did look into the conditions for EMA and distance learning is not eligible. I do currently attend college for a BTEC Nat Cert and I do get EMA at the moment but learning is made difficult for the reasons described in the original post. But thank you. :smile:
Reply 3
OK... apparently no one seems to know. :frown:

Err, would it be possible to come to some sort of arrangement with the high school so that I can recieve support, marking, guidence and some way of doing exams then? Or is there some where I could contact and ask what I should do?

Please, I'm really stuck here. :frown:

Latest