The Student Room Group

Interview at Wickes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minicooper
Recieved a phone call today.....didn't get it :frown:

They said it's because they want someone to start now and they don't want a job to get in the way of my GCSE's......... :frown::s-smilie:

Although, looking on the bright side, It was just a bit of experience as I've never had an interview before and you can't win them all :wink:

Next time you'll be less nervous. Experience is always valuable.
Anyone else here been to a Wickes interview? I'd quite like to know how they're structured.
Reply 22
Sorry to bump this post...

There is a new store opening near me in August, and I decided to apply for retail supervisor. A few weeks later, I received and email to book an interview for a customer service assistant. I booked the interview, but afterwards decided not to go as the pay would be less than I earn now but it's closer to home.

I got an email this weekend, congratulating me on my new job detailing where & when the welcome day is.

So, I just got a job that I didn't want and didn't go to the interview.

How does that work!?

Emailed back asking what the hours & rate of pay is incase I decide to take it haha
Reply 23
wear smart trousers and shoes to interview.you dont need to wear a smart top, just put on a coat. Stay calm and cool in the interview. Look him/her in the eye at all times when you are talking. Most important BE HONEST WITH THEM. you want the job? Be honest and be clear with them. they are very friendly, basic questions like, what can you bring to this company, why did you apply for wickes, what products have you purchased from wickes, how many hours can you give, simple questions bassicaly.

Oh and let your emotions free, dont be serious lol, be happy, be commited, show that you want it more then everyone else and you'll be fine i promise:biggrin:

I got the job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending