The Student Room Group

Law path

What do you guys think? I've always thought about doing Law eventually, and always imagined I'd go down the 4-year route with the year in France. Now I've always got an idea in my head to do another degree (possinly theology) before doing a conversion course. I'm basically questioning whether 4 years of Law would hold my interest. And yes, I should consider whether Law is actually the right profession for me if I'm doubting it. I'm just looking down other paths to keep my options open.

In short, what do you think of a conversion course from an undergrad degree as opposed to the normal route? Do you think it looks as good etc? Any other comments would be welcomed.

Cheers...
Reply 1
Actually when you say "normal course" the normal course is now a conversion course. More people are employed after taking a conversion course than those taking a law degree. Thats not to say taking a straight law degree is bad but more people are doing conversion courses. If you do two degrees you'll have a better CV and you've got two main career paths! Hope I helped a tad,! plus doing a forth year in france is only going to make you fluent in french so that can't be a bad thing!! :smile:
You do realise the conversion course is very intensive and the style of questions asked is apprently different to a Law degree.
Reply 3
taking the CPE route (non law degree) will hold you in as good as a position as a law degree. My sister who is doing French and German has recieved many replies for law firms across the country for training positions and work placements (namely Hill and Dickinson and Allen and Overy). Plus in a firm I did a work placement at, the partner had a degree in Business. Furthermore, my teacher told me that what is essential in law are the skills (which you learn in the LPC) not as much the content - as you refer to books and texts for the substance.

Latest

Trending

Trending