The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
_helen07
I really liked it on the open day, but I'm not sure how social it would be?!

Anyone else thinking the same??

Hey! I wasn't able to go to the open day so was wondering if you could tell me a bit about Concept Place...location, what the bedrooms, kitchens etc were like? :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
It's £135 per WEEK according to the website (£540 a month) - for that sort of money you could rent a luxury apartment by the riverside in Leeds City Centre. No idea how Unite can justify charging so much money, some parents clearly have a lot more money than sense :frown:
Reply 3
:s-smilie: According to the leeds accommodation website it's £96 - £101
http://www.unite-students.com/HMSOnline/QuickSearch.do?propCode=LS2CONCP

Unless the uni are subsidising it for ther own students. £96-101 is still pretty ridiculous though... my first year halls were £63!
Reply 5
Ahh I think those prices are for one bedroom apartments and studios, not standard en suite.

Yeah I know, the prices of student accommodation are pretty ridiculous nowadays! I think the lowest is around £70 ish.
They've sold out of ordinary ensuite rooms? Whoa... no wonder it's expensive now!
Reply 7
Yea i think the university has subsidised the accommodation which is great it's not that expensive when you look at the rest of the accommodation its cheaper than uni owned places like JBP and it looks just as nice so i think i will put it down as my first choice. The location is great aswell!! I think it will be quite good for social each flat has its own common room plus the common room downstairs with the fatscreen tv and pool table, there is not many other places where the flats have their own living room/common room space. I think it rests a lot on who is in ur flat aswell!
Reply 8
i got in touch with someone living at concept place via facebook and when i went for my open day she invited me round to have a look which was so nice of her! the common room was dead and she said nobody ever used it, which was understandable as it wasn't very private what with the receptionist sat there the whole time. the kitchen/living area was nice, not very clean of course but that's to be expected! her room was alright but the whole '3/4 bed' thing is a joke, it just looked like a single to be honest. although, she took me through to her mates room and for some reason hers was HUUUUGE and she had a full size double bed. not very fair if you ask me. the concern i had about concept place was that there is literally nothing around it. no little shops or anything. it took me ages to walk back to the city centre aswell! most people ordered their shopping from tesco online and had it delivered, i don't want to have to depend on things like that and it was quite disconcerting that you stepped straight out onto a very busy main road. i don't know where to choose now!!
Reply 9
oh no really! i was dead set on going there but now i'm not so sure.. I thought it was only like 15 mins to city centre its closer than the others isn't it? Did you look at any other accommodation? thanks
Reply 10
sophie there are 3 take aways, 3 grocery shops & an off license 2mins from CP & it takes literally 10mins to uni or to the city centre. Trust me the beds are awsome, one of the few compliments I could pay to the place. Burley Rd is quite busy but you cant hear traffic & besides as the road is busy theres no crime in the area, some of the other residences are in very unwanted locations.
Reply 11
devon girl
oh no really! i was dead set on going there but now i'm not so sure.. I thought it was only like 15 mins to city centre its closer than the others isn't it? Did you look at any other accommodation? thanks

It is about 10mins walk from the city centre and uni. The bed's are also awesome - I dunno what kind of bed that other girl has, but they are massive!
Reply 12
moreiniho
It is about 10mins walk from the city centre and uni. The bed's are also awesome - I dunno what kind of bed that other girl has, but they are massive!

ok thanks that's reassuring, 10 mins is nothing! Would you recommend cooncept place then, if you had a choice again would you still go there? thanks
Reply 13
I wouldnt recommend it
Reply 14
potteralan
I wouldnt recommend it

Oh right, how come what's wrong with it? thanks
Reply 15
also is it true that the internet is slow in concept because living so far from home it will be like my lifeline!
It caught fire last week. Chaos ensued.

Other than that and the extortionate cost, it's rather nice both location and facility wise.
Reply 17
oh my god seriously!! did the building get really damaged? How much do you pay for your room if you don't mind me asking? thanks for the reply
All is well now, no structural damage was done. I don't live there, by the way, I've just visited it and partied there many many times. Uni website quotes £96-101 p/w.
Reply 19
ok well that's a relief! thanks a lot for the message!

Latest