nettoye (or did you mean nettoyer?) - "net-twii-eh"
quotidien - "quo-tid-ien"
mieux - "mee-uh"
la meilleure - "la may-err"

never done phonetics before but this will do fine, i think! :smile:

is it a gcse oral?
I agree with kates : )

The only ones I'd pronounce differently are:

nettoye - "net-twhy" (or "net-why-ay" for "nettoyer" - the infinitive)
quotidien - "coh-ti-dee-in" (short "dee" sound - the "in" as in "lapin"). Remember that the feminine is quotidienne (e.g. la vie quotidienne) - "coh-ti-dee-en"

Hope this helps :wink:

Bonne chance - my oral's this week too! Tuesday 29? WJEC? :smile:
Reply 3
sorry to but in ... how do you pronounce Hier?
cuddles x
sorry to but in ... how do you pronounce Hier?

"ee-air" - it's a silent "h"
Reply 5
thanks, yeh gcse oral. argh!!!!
Reply 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76UZ0UrB1g

Funniest thing ever - funniest eng-french translation mistakes
Reply 7
I always find it hard to write down how something should be said:rolleyes:
Muppety Kid's version of nettoye/nettoyer is much better haha!
helen_237
thanks, yeh gcse oral. argh!!!!

Lol I'm doing GCSE and AS. Unfortunately the exams are pretty much at the same time :frown:

My AS one is on Tuesday at 1:30pm. The other day my GCSE teacher was arranging the others, and she'd tried to put me down for Tuesday at 2. Strange or what? :smile:

I'm now doing the GCSE one on Wednesday. Maybe when I go into the exam room I'll have a case of déjà vu :wink: (*groans*)
Reply 9
Yeah it's kind of hard from French to English since there are sounds in French that just cannot be produced in English, no matter how you write it.
Muppety_Kid
Lol I'm doing GCSE and AS. Unfortunately the exams are pretty much at the same time :frown:

My AS one is on Tuesday at 1:30pm. The other day my GCSE teacher was arranging the others, and she'd tried to put me down for Tuesday at 2. Strange or what? :smile:

I'm now doing the GCSE one on Wednesday. Maybe when I go into the exam room I'll have a case of déjà vu :wink: (*groans*)

GCSE French? How come if I may ask? :smile:

I have my Spanish GCSE oral next week. Time for oral revision once again :rolleyes:
city_chic
GCSE French? How come if I may ask? :smile:

I have my Spanish GCSE oral next week. Time for oral revision once again :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was only suggested after the GCSE exams last year that I could do the AS, but there was no way I'd be ready in January this year. I didn't want to drop the GCSE completely in case I mess up the AS - otherwise I'll have nothing.
Muppety_Kid
Yeah, it was only suggested after the GCSE exams last year that I could do the AS, but there was no way I'd be ready in January this year. I didn't want to drop the GCSE completely in case I mess up the AS - otherwise I'll have nothing.

I'm kinda confused, lol. So you didn't take French for GCSE last year but you were allowed to take the AS anyway? And you're taking the GCSE this year too. What do you mean by 'January this year?'
Reply 13
ohh are you doing your currently in year 11 doing gcses and then have also been entered for the french as aswell? theres a girl in my class doing that.
city_chic
I'm kinda confused, lol. So you didn't take French for GCSE last year but you were allowed to take the AS anyway? And you're taking the GCSE this year too. What do you mean by 'January this year?'

In answer to you and Amylase, yes. In January this year I wasn't ready to do the written papers, so I'm doing all three this summer. I'll easily get an A* in the GCSE, but it was too late for me to do it the last time round.
Muppety_Kid
In answer to you and Amylase, yes. In January this year I wasn't ready to do the written papers, so I'm doing all three this summer. I'll easily get an A* in the GCSE, but it was too late for me to do it the last time round.

Oh right, I see. Well if you're coping well with AS French then an A* at GCSE should be simple for you! :smile:
city_chic
Oh right, I see. Well if you're coping well with AS French then an A* at GCSE should be simple for you! :smile:

I'm hoping my AS oral tomorrow will be more stimulating than the GCSE - it's not some scripted drivel I wrote in Year 10 :wink:

EDIT: Let's see how long it takes for someone to make a sarcastic comment about my unintentional choice of words
Muppety_Kid
I'm hoping my AS oral tomorrow will be more stimulating than the GCSE - it's not some scripted drivel I wrote in Year 10 :wink:

EDIT: Let's see how long it takes for someone to make a sarcastic comment about my unintentional choice of words

Haha, I'm sure it will be :p: Bonne chance for it! :smile: I had my A2 one today. It went pretty well I think, so I'm pleased.

I don't think I'll be too nervous for my Spanish next week. Rolepays aren't too bad, and hopefully the free convo will go alright. It's still a bit of a challenge though as I've only really started properly learning Spanish in the last 2 or 3 months :p: I've managed to cram in a lot though, so hopefully it'll all go well.
Reply 18
I Aced My French Oral !!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
cuddles x
I Aced My French Oral !!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Wahoo! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending