The Student Room Group

What do you think my overall A2 grade will be?

hiya. just as a matter of intrest...
overall last year, i got an A. This year im not doing very well :frown: for cwk ive been told i will probly get a D (im so lazy), i will probly get an E for one paper because its ssoo hard (tudor rebellions synoptic) and maybe a C for the other (interpretations of Roosevelt...)
What do you think my overall grade will be?
I need a C. shall i start worrying.... :confused:
Try and pull everything up to a high D/low C then chill. You'll either come out with a C/B. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Depends how high of an A you got last year - last year I got 291/300 - so I need like low Cs to get an A overall this year.

If your A was decent you'll be fine getting a C to be honest :smile:

Alternatively, work your butt off and get better than an E in one of the papers - I'm sure you can't be bad a history if you got an A in AS, have some confidence!
Reply 3
i got 260 last year because i did 2 resits, so it was "second time round" i got a D the first time...
im scared about this year because of the pressure to get a B/C for uni and only one chance to do it in....
x
Reply 4
*anon*
i got 260 last year because i did 2 resits, so it was "second time round" i got a D the first time...
im scared about this year because of the pressure to get a B/C for uni and only one chance to do it in....
x

yep me too. I went from 195 last year to 283 this year with resits. Im totally scared cos its the only opportunity to sit the exam and tho i need like 197/300 to get an A i am very scared cos last time round i got 195. But A2 is alot easier i find now 2 years into the course.
Reply 5
hopefully il get atleast a C... but would love a B if its possible??.. no chance really though.... cwk deadline on weds... and mines stil a D :frown::frown::frown:
*anon*
hopefully i'll get at least a C... but would love a B if its possible??.. no chance really though.... cwk deadline on weds... and mines still a D

That's plenty of time. Honest. If you know you're on a D you must have had feedback, spend tomorrow night working on it until you've done everything that is required. And then push a bit more, see if you can bring it up just by smartening it out. Make sure that you introduce a new topic and state your argument in the first sentence of each paragraph and back everything up with quotes (take home a couple of books if you're able to).

And then after that it shouldn't be too hard to score yourself a B if you put some energy into the subject. I was on 241 at AS after resits, but I pulled through to 510s for the A2. Just make sure you understand the topics you're going to be examined on, it doesn't necessarily take hard graft, continual study and reading can do it for you. Make yourself interested in the subjects for the next few months. :smile:
Reply 7
my teacher said that my cwk was a D but she has told the exam board its a C... :s what does this really mean? im a bit confused...

and yes hopefully if i do well in the USA paper as im a tiny bit more confident it may pull my overall grade up??
thanks guys
*anon*
my teacher said that my cwk was a D but she has told the exam board its a C... :s what does this really mean? im a bit confused...

I would assume that your teacher is also confused. Or that they didn't explain it clearly to you. Your coursework will have been given a numerate mark which although it does relate to a "grade" it doesn't represent much. I would assume that either your coursework is borderline C/D or that the numerate grade it was given is worth a C whilst your teacher thinks that a D would be more representitive of it (although that is very harsh :s-smilie:)... if you want to know speaking to them might make things a little clearer. Or just work as hard as you can to pick up points in your exams.

What is important is how many marks you were given for the coursework, how many you previously have achieved and how many you can get in the modules you take in the next few weeks.
If you think about it, so long as you DO get a C (even if it's a very low one) on the USA paper (and I'm sure you can do it, having got an A at AS :smile: Have faith!), and you scape an E on the tudors, even if you've got a D on the coursework, you should be fine. Let me illustrate:

AS = 260
Coursework = let's say you've got a mid-D in the coursework, and it actually sounds like you've got a C, so we're playing it safe, so say 50/90
USA = 54/90 (which is a borderline C/D grade)
Tudors = 48/120 (which is a borderline E/U grade)

That comes to a very high C indeed (412/600, which is about 69%). Whilst I don't suggest you actually aim for these grades, I thought it'd help you to chill a bit :smile: Good luck! You'll be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending