The Student Room Group
Reply 1
IF you are happy with any university you end up at then put down Bradford as your insurance. It would be silly to put Wolverhampton if the offer is the same as the firm (and there are fewer places).

Respect your family but live your own life. Don't let them make important life decisions for you.
Definetly Bradford. If you're sure you want to go to DMU and you get BBC, i'm sure they'll allow one grade under. Putting Wolves are you insurance has no benefit because if you end up getting BBC and both the BBB options reject you - you're pretty much left at the mercy of clearing. It's quite risky putting down the two equal offers because uni's usually only let you in one grade under if they're your firm.

As a side note, just because your family want to stay close, it doesn't mean you should pick your choices to suit them. Of course, they're paying for some of it but it's YOUR 4, possibly, 5 years of life being invested into a university. My parents really wanted me to go to Manchester, because it's near where we live and they can visit frequently - i went against that for independance.

Good luck either way, hope i helped
Reply 3
Thanks guys. This was my thinking, that Bradford would be best to put down.
But, although it is my choice my family will have a say in it.

Do you not think that Wolverhampton will take me with the same as what Wolves would or is it just an applicant numbers to places thing?
pauly_s

Do you not think that Wolverhampton will take me with the same as what Wolves would or is it just an applicant numbers to places thing?

Not sure what's you're getting at. I presume you meant DMU instead of one of Wolves or Wolverhampton?

All depends on how many people get in and how many places they have free. For example, if DMU is oversubscribed (unlikely) and they fill their quota, there's a good chance they won't let you in.

Wouldn't worry too much, i wouldn't imagine all pharmacy courses are spilling over with applicants, only the proper super top end ones will be which DMU nor Wolverhampton, sadly, isn't part of
Reply 5
Irrelevance
Not sure what's you're getting at. I presume you meant DMU instead of one of Wolves or Wolverhampton?

All depends on how many people get in and how many places they have free. For example, if DMU is oversubscribed (unlikely) and they fill their quota, there's a good chance they won't let you in.

Wouldn't worry too much, i wouldn't imagine all pharmacy courses are spilling over with applicants, only the proper super top end ones will be which DMU nor Wolverhampton, sadly, isn't part of

Sorry, i meant Bradford or Wolves. :redface:

Ok, thanks again. Thats what i meant Wolves wont have people rushing to go there. But is Bradford respected for pharmacy and would you imagine alot of people to put it down, so i terms or people meeting grades to places would Wolves not be the option for 2nd choice. Or is it best to put Bradford.
pauly_s
Sorry, i meant Bradford or Wolves. :redface:

Ok, thanks again. Thats what i meant Wolves wont have people rushing to go there. But is Bradford respected for pharmacy and would you imagine alot of people to put it down, so i terms or people meeting grades to places would Wolves not be the option for 2nd choice. Or is it best to put Bradford.

In your circumstances, i would put Bradford. Bradford is more respected than Wolverhampton for Pharmacy, that and as already mentioned, Wolves is the same as your top choice - no benefits there. Rather risky putting two of the same offers down unless you have no other choice, because if DMU doesn't let you in, you could be buggered for when Wolves are considering you
hiii...can anyone help meee..im currently studying biomedical science at the university of salford. My A-level grades are as below:

Biology - C
Chemistry - D
Critical Thinking - D
English - B
Maths (AS) - C

I am resitting some of my A-level modules in Biology, Chemistry and English this summer to hopefully achieve better grades. In my January examinations for Biomedical Science at The University of Salford, I have received over 70% in all four examinations. I asked bradford if they would let me in for sseptember 2009 and the woman said if my predicted a level grades were BBB they would be more than happy to consider a UCAS application from me?...does this mean i have to go through ucas all over again??? :smile: x

Latest