The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oo this sounds abit of a bitch

im so glad im on AQA, did my c/w and it was open book exam conditions

we didnt know the investigation till the day but we could use what resources we wanted!

good luck!
Reply 2
Ugh, I wish we got some sort of information on the practical! It could be on anything!
You're so lucky Tom!

Wish we did c/wk instead... to a degree :P
Reply 3
It's advisable to revise a good part of the foundation module yes. The coursework was enzyme based...maybe this suggested an enzyme related practical? Just speculating.
wahhh! what ocr as practical?!!!

im doing ocr biology and ive never evn heard my teacher mention this to me at all!
Reply 5
tokyorose888
wahhh! what ocr as practical?!!!

im doing ocr biology and ive never evn heard my teacher mention this to me at all!

You need to do some serious ass kicking if this is the case heh. Mine too is the 13th of May, we have started practice sessions already (had a 2 hour long one today in fact).

I would suggest mentioning it to him/her tbh!
Reply 6
enzymes would make sense. I need to revise for this and all the AS exams tbh. Im an A2 student but im resiting to try and up my marks.

Should i just concentrate on the foundation stuff for this? It would amke sense wouldn't it?
matthew.
You need to do some serious ass kicking if this is the case heh. Mine too is the 13th of May, we have started practice sessions already (had a 2 hour long one today in fact).

I would suggest mentioning it to him/her tbh!

ok...im really scared now lol:confused:

are you sure that there is a biology practical for biology ocr as level?

the one that has a foundation unit, and human health and disease and transport unit? or maybe your doing something different for the transport section.

lol
Reply 8
pauly_s
enzymes would make sense. I need to revise for this and all the AS exams tbh. Im an A2 student but im resiting to try and up my marks.

Should i just concentrate on the foundation stuff for this? It would amke sense wouldn't it?

You would think so, but it could be on any of the modules to be honest :/ Mainly transport and foundation though... But I guess matthew is right, it's worth spending a bit of time looking at foundation.... *sigh* :P
Good luck to everyone!
Reply 9
tokyorose888
ok...im really scared now lol:confused:

are you sure that there is a biology practical for biology ocr as level?

the one that has a foundation unit, and human health and disease and transport unit? or maybe your doing something different for the transport section.

lol

Yours might not do... I think you either do coursework+transport written paper... or practical+transport written paper.... I'm not sure though! So dont quote me on it... But it's worth asking your teacher.
Reply 10
Eden01,

We have done both coursework and planning. Planning marks are simply added on as part of the practical so I understand.

tokyorose888,

Yeah, look it up on the OCR website. Paper 2803/03 - looking at my exam timetable now. 13/5/2008, PM, 90 minutes. I would assume it's the same for everyone but as has been suggested just go and ask your teacher/head of biology :smile:
yeah, i did coursework btw so thats probably whats different.
i think its on enzymes :smile:
try n get ur teacher 2 hint lol
x
yeah, just look over the different tests for protein, lipids and starch. Make sure you know how to calculate magnification. And remember, using an electron microscope increases the resolution, not magnification.

When drawing, draw continuous lines- no gaps as you would do with sketching.

I'm so not looking forward to this, as I'm absolutely rubbish at practicals and can't follow basic instructions on paper.
Reply 14
You seem to have more understanding of the practical than I do :P
Ahhhh, I hope this isnt worth a big portion of our AS grade!
Reply 15
Eden01
You seem to have more understanding of the practical than I do :P
Ahhhh, I hope this isnt worth a big portion of our AS grade!

Plan + paper = 20% i think.

16 marks on the plan go towards the overall grade of the paper.
Reply 16
Reckon we need to know the advantages and disadvantages of using electron/light microscopes? :/
Reply 17
Eden01
Reckon we need to know the advantages and disadvantages of using electron/light microscopes? :/

I did a past practical last Friday afternoon which involved just that (it was a complete ass of a paper if I'm allowed to say that....on white blood cells, didn't have a clue what was going on)....so yeah, do revise that as well.
Reply 18
pauly_s
Plan + paper = 20% i think.

16 marks on the plan go towards the overall grade of the paper.

Do you know what the total marks are for the entire of the practical (plus planning that is...)?
Reply 19
matthew.
I did a past practical last Friday afternoon which involved just that (it was a complete ass of a paper if I'm allowed to say that....on white blood cells, didn't have a clue what was going on)....so yeah, do revise that as well.

Ahh... :/ Well I'm writing up my notes now :P
Ugh, it's like having to learn the entire of foundation again! Well no I guess lol... But I wish we got more info on this. -_-

Latest

Trending

Trending