The Student Room Group

Official TSR Mathematical Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Swayum
Yup :frown:. It's a known bug though so they ought to fix it soon (but they may not make it high priority since it affects just 1 forum mainly).
Clearly the phrase "lots of testing" means different things to different people.
I only spotted the bug on sunday night after I alerted them and the response I got was:

J
thanks good find, we'll get this sorted. But it may not be in place for launch. will be a priority for straight after however
Reply 1282
The Muon
I only spotted the bug on sunday night after I alerted them and the response I got was:
Did you ask him what type of priority it is?
Kolya
Did you ask him what type of priority it is?

Nope, I shall post the question now.
Gimme some Latex
Reply 1285
we'll get it fixed this evening, sorry its still screwed (latex i mean)
\equiv
Reply 1287
Seems to be working again: ϵδ(ϵ>0    (δ>0x(xaˉ>δ    ϕ(x)ϕ(aˉ<ϵ)\forall \epsilon \exists \delta (\epsilon > 0 \implies (\delta > 0 \land \forall x(|x - \bar{a}| > \delta \implies |\phi (x) - \phi (\bar{a}| < \epsilon )
Does that mean the old latex formulas are all gone?

ONosO | \forall Nos
Reply 1289
J
we'll get it fixed this evening, sorry its still screwed (latex i mean)

{!!T!!H!!A!!N!!K!!S!!}\begin{Bmatrix} & ! & \\ ! & \text{T} & ! \\! & \text{H} & ! \\! & \text{A} & ! \\! & \text{N} & !\\! & \text{K} & !\\! & \text{S} & !\\ & ! & \end{Bmatrix}
Find the generating function for the sequence whose nth n^{th} terms is n2 n^2 + find a third order homogeneous linear recurrence relation for this sequence - therefore find the sum of the infinite series nth n^{th} term is n22n \frac{n^2}{2^n}
DeanK22
Find the generating function for the sequence whose nth n^{th} terms is n2 n^2 + find a third order homogeneous linear recurrence relation for this sequence - therefore find the sum of the infinite series nth n^{th} term is n22n \frac{n^2}{2^n}

Spoiler

Reply 1292
Dadeyemi

Spoiler

Yes
Reply 1293
oh good, glad working again :smile:
J
oh good, glad working again :smile:

Except for that smiley, though.
Reply 1295
yeah, fixing latex took longer than i hoped. Missing smilies should be back tonight along with time of quote and bullets
Woo.latex.is.back Woo. latex. is. back
(ϵ>0)(δ>0)(x)(0xa<δ    f(x)f(a)<ϵ)(\forall \epsilon > 0) (\exists \delta > 0) (\forall x) (0 \le | x - a | < \delta \implies | f(x) - f(a) | < \epsilon)

For some reason the Analysis I lecturer likes to call this Dalek language.
Reply 1298
J
yeah, fixing latex took longer than i hoped. Missing smilies should be back tonight along with time of quote and bullets

How about the old latex?
Some latex is still not working for me. For example, in post 1325 in this thread, I get 'unparseable or potentially dangerous (etc.)", or is that actually supposed to happen?

Quick Reply

Latest