The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
i got one question about interviews and personal statements

can you lie about work experience i.e make up things you didn't do
Reply 121
LittleMissTwinkle
But, i was told it doesn't leave a good impression?

Nah it should be fine. I've phoned both places I'm trying to get work exp in and they've been fine with it. Saves time waiting for them to send a reply letter too.
jj11
i got one question about interviews and personal statements

can you lie about work experience i.e make up things you didn't do

You could, but bear in mind that if you get caught out then you'll get an instant rejection. It's much better to actually go and get the work experience in the first place, rather than being lazy and make it up.
Reply 123
Alex L
You could, but bear in mind that if you get caught out then you'll get an instant rejection. It's much better to actually go and get the work experience in the first place, rather than being lazy and make it up.

do you have to show any proof of work experience like a letter or certificate
jj11
do you have to show any proof of work experience like a letter or certificate

No, but I don't see how you will benefit by not doing any. You don't run the risk of rejection by being caught out, you get an opportunity to see if medicine really is for you, and you will probably end up more motivated as a result. Don't try and take the easy way out, just put the effort in.
Reply 125
i was jus askin. What work experiences would you recommend
Reply 126
how long do you have to do each one for because most people in this forum have done 1 year, 9 months.

Can u say that altar serving is a medicine related work experience -how many work placments do you need for oxbridge.
Reply 127
jj11
how long do you have to do each one for because most people in this forum have done 1 year, 9 months.

Can u say that altar serving is a medicine related work experience -how many work placments do you need for oxbridge.

Are you applying this October?

Lol just frantically phone everywhere you can think of. Do some volunteering in an old people's home.
Whatever you can get really. Anything that involves working with people is good, there are some pretty good ideas in the earlier pages of this thread, enough to get you started anyway
Reply 129
sorry i forgot to mention i jus finished GCSE in june

i got a long time, which will go quickly
Reply 130
my question is does altar serving count- it involves helping the church and other people- ive been doing it for almost 10 years.
Not really as work experience, but it's probably worth mentioning in your PS, it shows a long term commitment I guess
Reply 132
do you recommend doing a work placement in a care home (like a nursing one)
jj11
do you recommend doing a work placement in a care home (like a nursing one)

Thats a good idea, but you'd be better off doing long-term volunteering somewhere like that :smile:
Reply 134
i have already done a work placemnt for 2 weeks at Somerfield
If you can get one then that would be ideal, you get to spend lots of time communicating with people, and it's in a caring environment
Reply 136
scaryhair
Thats a good idea, but you'd be better off doing long-term volunteering somewhere like that :smile:

how long (is it during the wekends right)
jj11
how long (is it during the wekends right)

Well, you can do a couple of hours a week on an evening or weekend if you like, it really depends on when you're free and when the place wants volunteers. Length wise, do it for as long as you want, but I would say you need to do at least a couple of months.
Reply 138
theres a care home a road away from me and a hospital (by taking one bus)

does anyone recommend doing work experience at a primary school for doing medicine
Reply 139
i got a serious question - when do you actually start applying for unis and when do you start going to open days at unis.

Latest

Trending

Trending