The Student Room Group

Cavewoman Hair!

I'm dressing as a cavewoman for my friend's birthday next week, and I'm trying to figure out how to do my hair!

At the moment its quite short, and when it dries naturally it is very thick and just not nice at all - so natural is out of the question!

Obviously I can't have straight hair like I normally do because straighteners didn't exist back then..

Just need some ideas of how to make my hair look cavewoman-ly really! But it has to look.. not ugly at the same time - I do want to look vaguely nice!

Any help is much appreciated!
Reply 1
Big and back combed.
Reply 2
Back comb, hair spray and maybe a bit of dirt? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Haha yeah that's what I was originally thinking, but I don't want to look like I literally am a cavewoman who never washes! Any way of making that look a bit more manageable and ok looking??
unkempt - rather like a Rah's hair
Lots of hairspray at the root to give it loads of volume, a few very very thin bits of hair with curls or crimped.. just big and messy, it'll look great! Or maybe a big messy bun (get one of those cheapy clips with hair on if your hair is too short?) and loads of strands all over the place?
Reply 6
Spend a week living in a cave beforehand.
Just get a really cheap wig and scruff it up a bit. I think that would be better than making a state of your own hair and having to try and sort out all the inevitable knots and stuff the next morning.
Reply 8
Backcomb, backcomb, backcomb and hairspray :biggrin:
backcomb it to make it huuuge then wear a leopard print headband! or one of those fake plait things. ooh or cut some cardboard into a shape of a bone, paint it white and stick it to a headband :biggrin:
Reply 10
Thanks for everyone's help so far! I definitely like the idea of wearing a headband - I think I'll get some fabric and make a rough tie up one myself, and then I think I'm gonna go for a mix of some backcombing and some rough curling of the hair behind the headband - I need to try it out beforehand I think!!
Backcombed, definitely. I've also seen some cool styles where people have wrapped sections around fake bones.
Hmm. If it's long enough, twist some strands together and put chunky, natural wooden beads on them. That'd be fun in its own right :biggrin:

Latest