The Student Room Group

Alternative qualifications / Getting into uni without A-Levels

Is there any way to search through universities that will accept an NVQ level 3 rather than A-Levels (I have poor AS results and am predicted bad grades in my A2 exams, however I do have a few UCAS points from them)

I am taking an NVQ 2 & 3 Fast track course in Accounting (AAT) in september untill next july and I still want to go to university after that.
When searching through UCAS it is sometimes mentioned in the entry requirements bit whether they accept NVQ level 3 or not, but not always.

Is there any website which will list the universities that do accept the course as an entry qualification..

Alternatively, is there any way to search for universities sorted by their normal offer of UCAS points?

Any help would be good. :smile: thanks
Reply 1
You will just have to e-mail the unis. Quite a lot will take experience and relevant qualifications.
According to the UCAS website, NVQ Accounting AAT is counted just as UCAS points from 2009 onwards, so universities will have little choice but to accept it. That being said, it doesn't look like that many points so it may be worth contacting departments that you're interested in studying at to find out what they say.

MB
Access Courses offered at local colleges
Reply 4
yeh i know it says it will come into use from 2009 but it says its worth 160 ucas points.
does that mean only unis with entry requirements of 160 points will take me.
should i try to take an AS level along with my NVQ, the NVQ is only 3 days a week.
or if i try to get a permanant job, in the industry i want to work in, on my days off would that go towards their decision?
sorry if that was confusing.

am i jsut as likely to get onto a degree course with the NVQ as i am with 2 C's at A-level
(as both equal 160 UCAS points)
is their a difference?
Reply 5
Even from 2009 unis will still be able to decide whether to accept it or not. They can set their own entry requirements.

You would need to contact unis and ask them whether they'd prefer work experience or another AS, but you could probably fit in both if the AAT is only 3 days a week.

:juno:
Reply 6
yeh probably. its 3 days untill december (level 2) then jan - june is 4 days (level 3)
i will see what i can do
i have just sent off for a load more prospectuses
i feel like im starting a fresh its such a nice feeling.
thanks for your help, i will contact the unis i choose closer to the time.

Latest

Trending

Trending