The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
It says on their site that students are guaranteed a room in halls if they have firmly accepted an offer, be it conditional or unconditional, and filled in the accommodation application form by the end of May. As you haven't firmly accepted it, I assume that means that you aren't guaranteed accommodation.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
:frown:
Reply 3
There's plenty of other types of accommodation available though - you could look for a house/flat to rent with other students if you didn't get a place in halls.
Reply 4
stephinny
My question is the title... would i get no accomodation if i put it as an insurance??

that really scares me and puts me off UCL cuz halls are importnat to live in first year...

is it guaranteed id get nothing, or is that rare? what do you guys know about it?

thankss

Realistically, they can't have accomm for all the people who have basically guaranteed they will go to UCL, and all those who might go if they don't make the grades to their first choice.. You might still get accomm though, people do drop out (hell, my friend was at nottingham for less than 24 hours in september:rolleyes: ) But it'd not be guaranteed. This isn't a UCL-exclusive thing, most Uni's have this policy
Reply 5
yeah it makes sense, that would suck so much to not get halls in first year..

HMMmmMMMMm
Ally-Beal
Realistically, they can't have accomm for all the people who have basically guaranteed they will go to UCL, and all those who might go if they don't make the grades to their first choice.. You might still get accomm though, people do drop out (hell, my friend was at nottingham for less than 24 hours in september:rolleyes: ) But it'd not be guaranteed. This isn't a UCL-exclusive thing, most Uni's have this policy

Interesting. What did you friend dislike so much about Nottingham?
Reply 7
Signor Optimist
Interesting. What did you friend dislike so much about Nottingham?

Oh it wasn't Nottingham itself, haha, it was the whole uni thing in general.. We had both already dropped out of ULIP in april.. But yeah, i think her mother had been gone all of 2 hours when she got the phone call :biggrin: Record?
Reply 8
Not sure if this is any help to you, but on the open/interview day that I went to, the person who spoke about accommodation said that UCL does have a reasonably good record in giving halls places to people who end up there on insurance offers. But of course, it's not 100% guaranteed as with firm/unconditional people. He also said that even if you can't get in UCL accommodation for the autumn semester, you'd probably get a place after Christmas (apparently there are more exchange students during the autumn than after Christmas, so spaces become free when the surplus leave).
Reply 9
yeahhh i talked to the accomodation guy there and he said theres a 30-40% chance you dont get accomdoation, which leaves a good 60-70% and said u can probably get it in the first few weeks after students leave or drop out.

so all hope is not lost haha. thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending