The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

our school boiler once randomly exploded and made a huge noise so the bomb bell went off.
year 7s were clambering over each other to get out and one of them was crying!
i must admit i did think it was a bomb because of the noise.
a police helicopter even came to fly over our school to check everything was ok lol.
oh yeah and i remember once we had a fire bell and someone snuck back into school whilst we were all on the fields and nicked all of the year 7s phones (about 100 of them) out of their bags!
there were a lot of tears that day :frown:
i did feel a bit sorry for them!
cuddles x
in school they always do a fake fire drill... have you got any stories you want to share about it ?

i do, this hapeneed a day ago.

so basically,we were in english and the fire alarm went off and our teacher is very nice and wants us to all get A's (bless her) the alarm went off and she was writing on the board an essay plan for us to copy down, we all started packing our stuff up and she wouldnt let us go she was liek i know its a drill but your not leaving till you have copied this down. she was laughing at the same time though. we were all like oh my god its a fire alarm... about a few mins later we sat down and copied down the work while everyone was running out. Then a teacher walked in checking to see if everyone was out of the building and was shocked to see if we were still working. :smile:

then we left and so on ...

any other stories ?

x x x

We had SIX yes SIX fire drills in one day, it was the best day of my life. Haa.
Then some days later, our school actually BURNED. True story.
Reply 43
I Have No Imagination
We had SIX yes SIX fire drills in one day, it was the best day of my life. Haa.
Then some days later, our school actually BURNED. True story.

what happened after it burn't ?
Reply 44
elziebelzie
oh yeah and i remember once we had a fire bell and someone snuck back into school whilst we were all on the fields and nicked all of the year 7s phones (about 100 of them) out of their bags!
there were a lot of tears that day :frown:
i did feel a bit sorry for them!

thats harsh :frown: ... what mean people
cuddles x
what happened after it burn't ?

We were placed in Mobiles and are still in mobiles, the school is still recovering, and it should be fixed for september.
Reply 46
~|Shock|~
goes off every Thursday 11:28:49 am :smile:

how does that work out ?
Reply 47
we just do the register and go back in ... last time it happened was during french orals.
We had one once, when the over-enthusiastic deputy head said "isn't it nice to see the school together eh!". The last time we had one it was pouring with rain and we managed to get six of us under an umbrella, then the head of year had the cheek to come over and said we all needed to stand in a line. My friend (loudly) told him where he could shove his line (although more politely) and had the rest of the school in hysterics. Whoops!
Reply 49
uni acomodation alarms are the WORST! beats school alarms by far. atleast ur awake then :tongue: 4am, firealarm, dude in next room smokin too much weed in a too small room. noone ever bothers leave their flat though! ive never gone out. i look outside the flat door give everyother person that '' again!'' look and then back to bed i go :tongue: they are sooo loud though. fire alarm practice EVERY tuesday 10am-10:30am ... bloody bugger!
Reply 50
Also for us a speck of dust once set the alarm off.
Reply 51
We had a period of a few weeks where people were setting it off at least once a day, totally disrupting lessons... thankfully it was in year 8 so its not like we were doing any work anyway :p:
lol. i remember when OFSTEAD came and we had 3 fire drills in the space of one hour. then the lesson afterwards it went off again. everyone was really pissed off by this point because it was snowing outside and it was like minus a million degrees. so no one took it seriously and everyone dawdled out taking all their stuff and it took 20 minutes to evacuate the school. - it was a real fire. needless to say, ofstead weren't impressed
Reply 53
When I was at the school down the road from where I am now, a girl and boy snuck back to the high school and set the fire alarm off. We all came out onto the field and then the boy and girl were seen running across the field from behind a bush and the P.e teacher took chase and ran after them, the head caught the boy and the bloke p.e teacher took down the girl on concrete!! talk about citizens arrest!!!

We also had the stealing of phones too, that was a popular one for a while
Haha we had a broken fire alarm (well, a new door was fitted with opposite hinges and every time someone threw it open...the alarm went off) and we had like four a day.
Teachers were just like "Sit down, you aren't going ANYWHERE."
I was waiting for a real fire just to teach them.

Of course, the time where I ran out of line cos I couldn't find my sister (we hadn't been told about any drills so I didn't know if it was real or not) and the teachers almost restrained me to get me back in line was fun :p:

Ooooh and that time we had a fire alarm during an IT GCSE exam.
I swear I was the only one didn't cheat, and I got 100% in that exam.
Reply 55
At my old school, people used to set the fire alarm off at least twice a week. I think senior staff just gave up bothering after a while :p:
Reply 56
elziebelzie
our school boiler once randomly exploded and made a huge noise so the bomb bell went off.
year 7s were clambering over each other to get out and one of them was crying!
i must admit i did think it was a bomb because of the noise.
a police helicopter even came to fly over our school to check everything was ok lol.

Bomb Bell? :s-smilie:
Best one ive ever had is from sixth formers melting chocolate in a microwave....with tin foil...idiots. 6 fire engines. Needless to say we needed a new microwave in the common room. Great stuff.
I remember we had a fire alarm once when we'd been getting kitted out to go and rummage through skips for a geography lesson (dont ask) a lot of people ended up traipsing on to the field wearing attractive bin bag dresses and rubber gloves!

There was also the time when we were too slow getting out for a fire drill, the head went mental, made everyone go back to the hall and do it again...think we might have done it 3 times before she was satisfied! crazy woman

When we had a fire alarm during a german test everyone cheered...the teacher did NOT look impressed!

We also had a fire alarm in halls last year, was bloody freezing and one of my flatmates was in the shower at the time, she ended up having to stand outside for ages with dripping wet hair full of shampoo...lovely
Reply 59
Well, I lived in South Africa for a while but went to an international school. They have different types of alarm for different types of situation.
There was a bomb alarm once because someone had annonymously called and said there was a bomb somewhere in school. The bomb alarm though, sounds exactly like an electric saw or something. So at first everyone thought that someone was just cutting down a tree. :rolleyes:
Then, we finally walked out and had to stand in the training field outside all day while the whole school was searched. It was seriously over 4 hours. T'was quite boring. :mad:
And in the end, there wasn't a bomb.
Afterwards though, as soon as some gardner started cutting down trees, everyone wanted to run out! :cool:

That's my coolest story, might share otherones later... :elefant:

Latest