The Student Room Group

Fire alarm at school -stories

in school they always do a fake fire drill... have you got any stories you want to share about it ?

i do, this hapeneed a day ago.

so basically,we were in english and the fire alarm went off and our teacher is very nice and wants us to all get A's (bless her) the alarm went off and she was writing on the board an essay plan for us to copy down, we all started packing our stuff up and she wouldnt let us go she was liek i know its a drill but your not leaving till you have copied this down. she was laughing at the same time though. we were all like oh my god its a fire alarm... about a few mins later we sat down and copied down the work while everyone was running out. Then a teacher walked in checking to see if everyone was out of the building and was shocked to see if we were still working. :smile:

then we left and so on ...

any other stories ?

x x x

Scroll to see replies

Some kid pulled the alarm during one of our exams because theyd finished there last GCSE or something, and i have never seen our (rather overweight) deputy head run so fast to make us all stay put. We had to write the time in the margin and then we got loads of extra time (after waiting for the alarm to stop for a while) although tbh it was a rather nice break.
A couple. Once some smart person decided 2.45pm on a Friday was a good time for a drill. Needless to say there were only about 3 people from my form present...

A more memorable time was a fire bell glitch which had us out in a snow storm for half an hour. That was cold and wet :P
Our headteacher invested in a little amp that he fixes to his belt, and a microphone. xD

He looked so funny the first time we saw it. And everytime we have a drill, he says the funniest things - he can't make a speech to the entire school on the spot.

Also, our last fire alarm was set off unplanned, and the head overheard me saying "Oh, don't worry, it's only our A Levels" in a really sarcastic, unamused voice. He mentioned it in the speech on the field, and said whoever was responsible for "jeapordising those girls' education" would be expelled.
It later emerged that it was a scatty physics teacher getting carried away with a demonstration that caused the alarm to go off. :p:
Reply 4
Callipygian
Some kid pulled the alarm during one of our exams because theyd finished there last GCSE or something, and i have never seen our (rather overweight) deputy head run so fast to make us all stay put. We had to write the time in the margin and then we got loads of extra time (after waiting for the alarm to stop for a while) although tbh it was a rather nice break.

lol ... nice plan :smile:
Someone did pull the fire alarm during a mock exam in school once, we just left and never came back :p:
Reply 6
inksplodge
Someone did pull the fire alarm during a mock exam in school once, we just left and never came back :p:

thats the spirit.
When my school had the inspectors in the fire alarms were literally going off once/twice in every lesson as well as over lunch and break time......

During one of these incidents someone let off a few fireworks, one girl was sick and a flock of brids flew in and subsequently started eating it :s-smilie:

.......we were put on speacial measures.

We also had fire alarms go off a few times during GCSE exams (proper ones not mocks) and we were told to carry on, no extra time or anything as I recall.
Fjarskafinn
Our headteacher invested in a little amp that he fixes to his belt, and a microphone. xD

He looked so funny the first time we saw it. And everytime we have a drill, he says the funniest things - he can't make a speech to the entire school on the spot.

Also, our last fire alarm was set off unplanned, and the head overheard me saying "Oh, don't worry, it's only our A Levels" in a really sarcastic, unamused voice. He mentioned it in the speech on the field, and said whoever was responsible for "jeapordising those girls' education" would be expelled.
It later emerged that it was a scatty physics teacher getting carried away with a demonstration that caused the alarm to go off. :p:

LOL :p: was he saying that in a joking way or was he actually being serious? :confused:
Reply 9
louisedotcom
When my school had the inspectors in the fire alarms were literally going off once/twice in every lesson as well as over lunch and break time......

During one of these incidents someone let off a few fireworks, one girl was sick and a flock of brids flew in and subsequently started eating it :s-smilie:

.......we were put on speacial measures.

special school ? :s-smilie:
cuddles x
thats the spirit.

I forgot to mention it was the end of the day anyway. :p:
inksplodge
LOL :p: was he saying that in a joking way or was he actually being serious? :confused:

I think he was very, very serious :p:

He's so passionate about his school being the best in the area.. it's scary. He makes crazy assembly talks about dead mooses.
Fjarskafinn
I think he was very, very serious :p:

He's so passionate about his school being the best in the area.. it's scary. He makes crazy assembly talks about dead mooses.

Well... at least he cares, I guess!!! :p: Can't say that for many headteachers I've had in the past :s-smilie:
cuddles x
special school ? :s-smilie:

Are you asking if it was a 'special' school or about the special measures?

It wasnt a special school, just full of knobs :p:

if the latter, Special measures basically means you have failed the school inspection, and the school will be under observation until it meets the minium standards expected/set by the gov/whoever
Reply 14
i was asking if it was a special school... but now i know it was just full of knobs.
We were getting changed for PE in the changing room and a fire alarm went off (unplanned). Fortunatly i was changed but some girls were half dressed and were told to quickly wrap something around themselves and get out. It turned out that the chip pan in the canteen had caught fire and set the thing off.
Reply 16
the fire alarm went off during my psychology GCSE exam:s-smilie: i was sitting there concentrating very hard and writing like mad, when suddenly the alarm (very loud!) went off and scared the life out of me and my arm jerked and left a huge pen line across my answers! and then one girl who must have been pretty stressed already, it all got too much for her and she burst into tears and ran out of the exam room! i dont seem to remember getting extra time, but they did inform the exam board:smile:

i also remember the alarm going off three times in one day, which was great until it happened when i'd just got to the front of the canteen queue at lunch:mad: i was NOT amused! and everyone who had already got their lunch ran out of the building clinging onto to their trays for dear life as everyone knew u wouldnt see it again if u left it behind!
Reply 17
hanfromman
the fire alarm went off during my psychology GCSE exam:s-smilie: i was sitting there concentrating very hard and writing like mad, when suddenly the alarm (very loud!) went off and scared the life out of me and my arm jerked and left a huge pen line across my answers! and then one girl who must have been pretty stressed already, it all got too much for her and she burst into tears and ran out of the exam room! i dont seem to remember getting extra time, but they did inform the exam board:smile:

i also remember the alarm going off three times in one day, which was great until it happened when i'd just got to the front of the canteen queue at lunch:mad: i was NOT amused! and everyone who had already got their lunch ran out of the building clinging onto to their trays for dear life as everyone knew u wouldnt see it again if u left it behind!

lol. funny :biggrin:
we were at the top of the science block (3 sets of 2 flights of stairs) when the alarm went off we ran downstairs and when we got back it went off again so we went back out went back up stairs then got back and it went off again...at this point we gave up
one time the fire alarm went off and then we all went outside and stood around and then somone took a register and then we went back in!

Latest