The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Pros/Cons of studying in Bristol

Hey,
Im hoping to apply for Cancer Biology (maybe with Virology/Immunology) this year at Bristol, and i was just wondering if you guys could give me a general idea of what its like studying there.
Anything about the City/Acommodation/Student Life or even the course if you know anything about it or biology courses in general.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I've been at Bristol (studying English) for a few weeks now and on the whole I love it. The main problem is that if you live in Stoke Bishop you have quite a trek to uni, and there's one extremely rude bus driver around who I want to kick repeatedly in the shins/groin. The UBU bus runs in the the evenings, but it tends to take a very long time to get anywhere and walking across the muddy downs carrying both volumes of the Norton Anthology of English literature (or any comparably weighty tomes) isn't... well it is a walk in the park, but a decidedly tiring one.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I would agree totally with the above. The only disadvantage I've found so far is the long walk into campus and the fact that it's quite hilly, although this does give the place plenty of character. I love the place.
Reply 3
the walks not that bad and a lot of people site it as a reason not to come to Bristol, its really not something that major. Walking down it generally takes about 30-35 minutes and its quite a good social thing. Some of my happiest times last year were walking across the downs (when it was sunny) with icecreams and jsut spending ages chatting, relaxing and maybe a spot of sunbathing on the way. Its also really nice to walk across the downs and feel that you are escaping the city and university, this is especially true is you grew up from in a rural area. Overal I love most things about Bristol (except the accent which i am starting to pick up damn it), there is so much to do and its a shame more people dont use all the opportunities here to the full
Reply 4
emom100
Overal I love most things about Bristol (except the accent which i am starting to pick up damn it)

LOL! Aww, the Bristol accent is nice!
Reply 5
Insatiable
LOL! Aww, the Bristol accent is nice!

You may be the only person I know to have ever said that.
Reply 6
emom100
(except the accent which i am starting to pick up damn it)

why so? i haven't heard a single student speak in a bristolian accent :confused: you must be hanging around the local places too much :tongue:
Reply 7
Luize
You may be the only person I know to have ever said that.

Compared to a typical Milton Keynes accent, it's lovely. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending