The Student Room Group

weird email from peninsula

Basically i had extenuating circumstances in january and my as unit results were affected by it so i sent an email to the peninsula admissions office and they sent me this email back.

Although we sympathise with your situation we are unable to compensate the effect it has had on your AS performance. You should approach your Examination Board via your School to see if anything can be done. All applications received from students are assessed based upon the academic information supplied. Please note that for 2008 entry, applicants needed to have been predicted AAAa in order to be considered. It is therefore unlikely that we would be able to select your application for interview based upon your predicted grades.

What does this mean? I am predicted AABB for my as levels and possibly AAB minimum for A2 (but seeing as i havent taken my final AS exams yet that bit is not applicable) but i dont understand what this email means. Are they saying that they only look at applicants who have 4As at A level and are they also saying that they wouldnt consider m application if i got AABb?
Reply 1
I think they are saying that for 2008 entry (im guessin your applying for 2009 entry?), that you needed to be predicted AAAa for your final results. I don't think that means you had to have got aaaa in your AS.
I think what they are trying to say is, although they appreciate your circumstances, they can't consider your application differently, and that to have any chance of being considered, you need to have AAAa predicted when you apply.

So if you want a chance there, get your teachers to predict you AAAa when you come round to applying :smile:

I think, im only speculating.
Yes, shes right. Your normally contact the uni, after you have finished all your exams and received your AS grade to inform them, with support from your tutor that due to extenuating circumstances I was only able to obtain ... .
Just try to convince your teachers for an AAA prediction to just get an interview for peninsula. My teachers predicted me higher grades than i would have got/achieved just to help me out :biggrin:
Do schools predict what grades you can get still or is it done by some outside body now?
When i was in school wahey back i was predicted AAB and the teachers did it even though i only had BCD in my AS levels - i got 3 offers that year.

Latest

Trending

Trending