The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Retozadora
Ok, I still don't know all the parks, I've limited my knowledge to the University park only :smile:

well raleigh park is mostly catered for jubilee campus and its quite a distance away from the actual main campus.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Name: Milagros
Course: MSc Energy Conversion
Accom: Raleigh Park, flat 4
Reply 22
Name: Malin
course: International Relations and Global Issues
accommodation: BGP, Junipers, flat 10, room 4 or the other way around!!
Reply 23
Name: Anton
Course: Politics - if i get the grades :s-smilie:
Accomidation: Somewhere on Uni park, but hopefully my 1st choice Cripps, i love that place.
Reply 24
Name: Louisa
Course: English Studies
Acc: Haven't got a clue?!? Any good advice on catered accomodation, non-ensuite (yeah, my family are cheap)
^ I'd apply asap, there aren't many places left.

Name: Dan
Course: Economics
Accomidation: First choice Lenton, second Hugh Stu
Name: Tom
Course: Medicine
Accommodation: Fingers crossed Cripps or L&W
From: Blackpool (well Fleetwood but who knows where that is)

Can't wait I just love Nottingham!!! And QMC is immense... as far as a hospital can be!
Reply 27
Name-nikki
Course-vet med
Accommodation-wymeswold flat 2a (sutton bonington!)
From- LIVERPOOL
Name - Sarah
Course - Masters Nursing Adult
Accommodation - Nightingale or Hu Stu
From - Ipswich, suffolk
Reply 29
Name: Mark W
Course: Economics
Accommodation: Lincoln Hall (Lenton & Wortley second choice)

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Reply 30
Weejie
OK so I stole this idea off some other, clearly inferior uni, who cares.

Basically, I am a most anti-social of persons, and so I thought what better way to aid people like myself, than to have a cyber meet and greet sesh, if you will, with fellow potential Notts students for 2008? What a great opportunity to introduce yourself when you can hide behind a presentable facade, before freshers flu sets in and everyone sees your hangover face. Feel free to give me advice on what accomodation to go for because I am lazy and haven't applied yet...

I'm Louisa btw, English Studies, and as you can see I have far too much time on my hands :biggrin:

Bless you lol!

English is a good course! :biggrin: You don't sound particularly anti-social to me? What hall will you be in then?

And Notts student threads like this has been done every single year lol :p:

I'm not in halls before anyone asks - already at Notts :smile:
Reply 31
khil
Bless you lol!

English is a good course! :biggrin: You don't sound particularly anti-social to me? What hall will you be in then?

And Notts student threads like this has been done every single year lol :p:

I'm not in halls before anyone asks - already at Notts :smile:

Ah yes, but when you talk on the net it doesn't feel like you're talking to real people, I can afford the odd Louisa-ism!

Can't wait though! Bring on excessive amounts of books and whole weeks in the library at a time, oh yeah...
Reply 32
Weejie
Ah yes, but when you talk on the net it doesn't feel like you're talking to real people, I can afford the odd Louisa-ism!

Can't wait though! Bring on excessive amounts of books and whole weeks in the library at a time, oh yeah...

If Louisa-ism means to be vibrant and bubbly, you can afford to be that in person too :smile: Certainly I'm always drawn to those who smile and laugh a lot. I tend to get a bad first impression of people if they look too stern :p: But recently I've tried to fight that and deliberately talk to the frowning lot too - usually it just so happens that they're not smiling at that point and they're actually all pretty friendly lol :biggrin:

ahh you wouldn't be saying what you did about the library if you had 3 essays and 3 exams and a study diary to do...... :rolleyes: 5000-word-essay and I have another at least 200-300 pages to read all for today woohoooooooooo :redface: I wanna say I hate Napoleon, but I really don't... He's my 5000-word project, you will not believe how much I've read about him by this point...

PS. and of course I speak from experience with regards to the library business. Trust me, you'll come to loathe the vending machines... grrrrrrrrr! Trust me, you really, really will. And the photocopying machines... I've discovered 3 different ways to sleep comfortably in the library did you know? :biggrin:
Reply 33
khil
If Louisa-ism means to be vibrant and bubbly, you can afford to be that in person too :smile: Certainly I'm always drawn to those who smile and laugh a lot. I tend to get a bad first impression of people if they look too stern :p: But recently I've tried to fight that and deliberately talk to the frowning lot too - usually it just so happens that they're not smiling at that point and they're actually all pretty friendly lol :biggrin:

ahh you wouldn't be saying what you did about the library if you had 3 essays and 3 exams and a study diary to do...... :rolleyes: 5000-word-essay and I have another at least 200-300 pages to read all for today woohoooooooooo :redface: I wanna say I hate Napoleon, but I really don't... He's my 5000-word project, you will not believe how much I've read about him by this point...

PS. and of course I speak from experience with regards to the library business. Trust me, you'll come to loathe the vending machines... grrrrrrrrr! Trust me, you really, really will. And the photocopying machines... I've discovered 3 different ways to sleep comfortably in the library did you know? :biggrin:

And is your discipline English Studies? Is this your first year at Notts or..? Are you contented with your course despite the hard work and obvious lack of sleep:smile:?
Reply 34
Retozadora
And is your discipline English Studies? Is this your first year at Notts or..? Are you contented with your course despite the hard work and obvious lack of sleep:smile:?

I'm in my second year, but since I switched course this is my third year at uni :smile: I do History of Art :biggrin: but I did take Russian Literature in translation last semester. My housemate does Eng Lit - she's upstairs cramming like the rest of us right now... :redface:

Haha am I content? Well, if you read my signature I've even incorporated a history joke in it (my current 5000-word essay). As much as I moan about it and you do not know how many times I've just wanted it over and done with, I've only ever regretted not having the time to read more. I love it, I really do :smile: It's rewarding when you put in the work.

That's not to say though that I've never despaired of the amount I have to read though lol :biggrin:
Reply 35
khil

I'll make an effort to talk to the grumpy looking lot too. They're usually the type that end up being my friends!

I really pity you! Right now my biggest worry is a puny French oral exam which seems pretty pathetic in comparison, but I will continue to tell myself it is the end of the world nonetheless!

Isn't it open 24/7 :eek: I can imagine the comfortable sleeping areas are snapped up pretty quickly and it soon becomes a territory war :ninja: I'm not even going to ask what sort of contortions you resort to get comfortable in a library!
Reply 36
Weejie
Name: Louisa
Course: English Studies
Acc: Haven't got a clue?!? Any good advice on catered accomodation, non-ensuite (yeah, my family are cheap)

go raleigh park, its amazing, far from campus? not really there is a hopper bus that is a 5 min walk, plus who really goes to uni in their first year!! alot better atmosphere than campus, alot more independance...surely thats what uni is all about? plus in raleigh flats (which i satyed, madison court) it was six bedrooms and two bathrooms, large living room/kitchen....definately reccommend it!
Reply 37
Name: Laura
Course: Film studies and cultural sociology
Accommodation: Broadgate park, cedars flat 27

Can't wait to meet you all :smile:
Reply 38
broadgate park
spruces
flat 5
cant wait =)
Reply 39
khil
I've discovered 3 different ways to sleep comfortably in the library did you know? :biggrin:

3 ways? sounds brilliant! i was never able to sleep in my uni's library

Latest

Trending

Trending